Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Galaxy Class!et least a registry (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Galaxy Class!et least a registry
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,there!
My first topic for this board, but lets get started!
I have recently acquired the new StarTrek DS9 2001 Calender- as always there's a huge picture from Ds9 in the middle. This time its ds9, the defiant flying by and a galaxy class docked at one of the upper pylons.
The registry of the ship is NCC 70564, but the name is unreadable.the name looks rather large and seems to be consistent out of two words. Any idea which ship it could be?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited July 14, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Big Mistake.

The USS Galaxy has NX-70637...

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or is this yet more evidence of unchronological registries? :P

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Frank is absolutely right." - Laz Rojas

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the U.S.S. Someone Wasn't Paying Attention

My guess is alot of the ship in these new calenders aren't from the show or from anywhere else. They certainly shouldn't be taken as canon.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OR...it's a misread/misprint/mislabeling of the Venture, which is 71854.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Venture sounds much better than a Galaxy with a number lower than the prototype. And would you consider the Ships of the Line calendar also non-canon. It did give us the name of Nebbie 70915.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually don't take calendars as canon too, but any new ships they present are added to my ship list. Why? Just obsession...

Anyway, the Ships of the Line pic of the USS Bogue NCC-70915 must be taken canon, as it is a re-use of the original studio model (isn't it?)

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53675:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Antares class vessels, as good as new! They can shapeshift! Everybody in the galaxy has one! Now for only $800!"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it was the CGI Nebbie, which the never bothered to change all the labeling as it still said Honshu and NCC-60205 on the saucer.

And Nemesis, did this Galaxy have raised portions on the nacelles...and was the ship docked at an upper pylon...and was it a port view? Anyway, if it did have raised portions on the nacelles, it was most certainly Venture. No other Galaxy was seen like that (AGT Ent-D excluded) and no CGI was ever made of that Galaxy. And they wouldn't bother to do so now or even take the studio model, re-add the extras on the nacelles and label it to any other name and number than Venture 71854

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum, Nemesis!

------------------
Captain Tenille: "Oh, Simpson, you're like the son I never had."
Homer: "And you're like the father I never visit."

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first thought myself that it could be the uss venture. After reviewing "way of the warrior" i also noticed the raised phaser on the nacelles, this one has none, but it is docked right in the same position as the venture. On closer inspection it looks like the ship was cut out of scene and than pasted to the station, cause of the odd angle i can only assume i. Unfortunatly i have no scanner at hand, but i'll see what i can do! BTW the modell seems to be a real phsyical one and the picture was created by Gary Hutzel.
And thanks for the warm welcoming! :-)

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the last time we saw NEW footage with the Galaxy with the raised portions on the nacelles, was from the Season 6 arc, when the fleet was gathering at 375.

I think they just reused the stock footage from WotW later on in the series.

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone scan this picture in, since I can't find the Trek calendars in any of my local bookstore.

------------------
The world is not enough, but it is such a perfect place to start my love
And if you're strong enough, together we can take the world apart my love

Nemesis
Member # 255

Give me a couple of minutes! I'll see what i can do!

------------------

www.seventhworld.de.vu

Nemesis
Member # 255

Here it is:

http://members.aol.com/sulpop/galaxy.jpg

Warning....rather large one.....270kb

Grab it down and take a closer look!
------------------

www.seventhworld.de.vu

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited July 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited July 15, 2000).]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That DOES appear to say 70xxx with a LONG-ass name...but I'd like to look at it really upclose. Unfortunately, none of the stores around here have an open copy...& I'm not about to spend money on something I don't need. I'd like to confirm that name for the Nebula 70915 for myself.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps