Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Constitution Class - Phase II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Constitution Class - Phase II
Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!

This is my new project - Constitution Class Intermediate Designs.

First...(WIP)

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't agree w/your Sig-Line, but I like your Phase II Connie. Very nicely done. I think your secondary hull actually "flows" a bit better as a sort of bridge between the TOS and Refit hulls than the pics I've seen of the Phase II 'E', as well.

Again, nicely done.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, Masaki. The only suggestion I would make is that the registry on top of the hull should follow the hull lines a bit more. The slant of the letters should be the same as that of the radial lines coming from the center of the hull.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always wanted to see a Phase II starship that was rendered as well as this one has been. Great job. I can not wait to see more of these intermediary ships. Are you planning on any more views, orthographic?
Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updated!

Masao, thanks to your suggestion.

1.1...(WIP)

to Sarvek

I'm planning on another views(top, fore, rear...etc) and another Intermediate Constitution class ship.

--------------------
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some physical inspiration for ya:
http://starshipmodeler.org/gallery6/aw_tpir.htm

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, Masaki! Though the TMP Enterprise is a massive improvement (and one of my all-time favorite ships), the Phase II design is still cool looking, even if mainly for its unusual appearance.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work!

The only suggestion I would make would be to underline the registry on the nacelle, put "USS CONSTITUTION" underneath it in a smaller type and move the whole thing to the right of that groove instead of the left.
Also what is that oval feature on the underside of the primary hull?
If it's meant to be a forward phaser array then I'd move it forward a little more.

Other than that, great job! Keep it up [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see this new edition to the Starfleet Museum. It would be logical to assume that their were various designs, much like the actual film production, for a refit of the Connie-class. In fact, there was a fan-film made by a UCLA student that proposed that the Yorktown had a similar design as a test-bed for the new linear intermix warp drive. I forgot it's name and have never seen it, but it was mentioned in an issue of Starlog long ago. George Takei was also in it, as he knew the student and did it as a favor.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Middy: Masaki != Masao [Smile]

Good job, Masaki. Although I don't know where this design fits in the 'real' timeline, it is a nice intermediate design.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I THOUGHT we were the same person!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
I THOUGHT we were the same person!

That happens to me all the time...usually when I forget to take my pills. *twitch* *twitch*

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masaki
Member # 1030

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Middy: Masaki != Masao

No,no... Masao is my elder brother! [Razz]

--------------------
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bad. Seems I've been outta touch for awhile.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

I have been out of touch for YEARS.

I am also Masaki's evil twin!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps