Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starfleet Medical - U.S.S. Asclepius (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starfleet Medical - U.S.S. Asclepius
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the holoship design, I like the second to the last sketch, where there was a definite Federation design to the side-nounted nacelles...where there was a red bussard ramscoop and a blue-glow warp grille mounted to the side of the holoship...that version would've been cooler!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good looking holoship design would've never worked onscreen anyway: waaaay too big to sit on the lake bottom and not it's flat on the bottom.

I love the design but not for the holoship.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody got a scan of the ship they're talking about?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The good looking holoship design would've never worked onscreen anyway: waaaay too big to sit on the lake bottom and not it's flat on the bottom.

I love the design but not for the holoship.

you think they couldn't beam out chunks of earth and beam in water?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they could've done all that, but I dont think Paramount would've/could've shown them doing all that.

Besides, that starship design is just too cool to be a one-off holoship.

....and I can attribute the strangeness of the Insurrection holoship to the alliance between the Son'a and Starfleet.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
External nacelles would have at least been nice on the holoship. I'm sorry, but those warp engines and those of the Defiant blatantly violate one of the very few rules for ships Gene set down. Nacelles have to be able to have a 50% line of sight to each other, and be fully visible from the front (true, Defiant doesn't break that one).

Also, single/triple nacelle ships don't exist. Yes, the Galaxy nacelle is supposed to be like two wngines in one, so I'll accept the Ent-D AGT model, and even the Niagra, but the Freedom is just UGLY. The Freedom is just a mass hallucination that only the few people like me realize isn't real. [Smile]

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jesus X:
External nacelles would have at least been nice on the holoship. I'm sorry, but those warp engines and those of the Defiant blatantly violate one of the very few rules for ships Gene set down. Nacelles have to be able to have a 50% line of sight to each other, and be fully visible from the front (true, Defiant doesn't break that one).

Also, single/triple nacelle ships don't exist. Yes, the Galaxy nacelle is supposed to be like two wngines in one, so I'll accept the Ent-D AGT model, and even the Niagra, but the Freedom is just UGLY. The Freedom is just a mass hallucination that only the few people like me realize isn't real. [Smile]

bah, it's realistic still. even ugly, it's cannon. you think the federation produces ONLY prestine ships? with no flaws what so ever? [Roll Eyes] and it is a late model ship, the only thing keeping it modern is it's nassel. i recall seeing the Red Admiral putting earlier model nassels to speculate what it liked (the Niagara and Freedom are commonly thought of as ships from the era of the Ambassador class.)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roddenberry's rules are baseless anyway. It was just a childish way of pretending he never used and liked FJ's work.

Not to mention that very few alien vessels bothered about these 'rules'.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nacelle. Nacelle. Nacelle.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be making some final changes tonight, and a colorization sometime this week.

Then i'll start on my next project. [Wink]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Just make the nacelles match the sketch and add some lifeboats and i'll be happy.

...because you're working for me, remember. [Wink]

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well its 2am and I forgot about it. Fuck. I'll just bump the thread when I finally get to it.

Nite

Wes
Member # 212

I think my net went down and really fucked up my posting. Mods: Please this and the following two posts. Sorry for the mess.
Wes
Member # 212

oops, double post
Wes
Member # 212

Fuck, TRIPPLE POST
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps