Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Starship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New Starship
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
We need more views! Draw, man, draw!

Yes Sir!
I try but my studies take a lot of my spare free time. So I don't know when I can continue my work on the ship. But I try it as soon as possible. :-)

Btw: Actually you should be able to image how the other views would look like. *g*
Just think of the views of an Ambassador/Excelsior mix [Wink]

Stay tuned

I will post some pics soon.

Lobo

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Great artwork (as always), and a fantastic detail work and color scheme.

Well, it took me a few seconds to get used to it, but I like it. Only the combination of nacelles and nacelle pylons is strange because it looks like the nacelles are pointing down although their centerline is horizontal.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry wrote:
quote:
I think it might look better without the primary saucer, and just have that Voyager-esque shape be the hull.
Look at it this way: it will be the first ship in Star Trek with a good-looking engineering section after saucer separation.
Renderking Fisk
Member # 1628

- posted      Profile for Renderking Fisk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It actually looks better then "The Titan" design the book company settled on.

--------------------
The Fedora Chronicles News related to The Golden Era Update every day: World War II - Music - Art Deco and Style - Classic Movies, Science Fiction and Film Noir � Space Exploration- Vintage Cars � Social and Political Commentary.

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I slighly modified the ship and add a saucer seperation feature. Thanks Nim [Wink] .

-
Picture 1

-

Picture 2

And at last I have a few pictures of the design process (nothing special, just want to show you how I came to the final design):
all side
Me

Lobo

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foolish lad. Almost any of those designs would've kicked the crap out of the Titan contest winner. And certainly out the runners up.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question - does the nav deflector extend up into the dorsal half of the secondary hull, or is that all we see of it? Also, is the saucer section circular or elliptical-wide?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Foolish lad. Almost any of those designs would've kicked the crap out of the Titan contest winner. And certainly out the runners up."

But he couldn't have entered, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I rather like where image no. 6 is going.

Benjamin Peace
Member # 1939

- posted      Profile for Benjamin Peace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems this wonderfull thread was forgot, though I can't begin to figure out why. Gorgeous images here. Is Lobo still around?

--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." - Picard

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lobo:
Hi everybody,

I am currently working on a new Starship.
It's an early TNG ear ship.

Tell me what you think.

Lobo

I like the front - but the nacelles have to be less... complicated. Too much going on. The back of them are very Sovereign-esque so that bucks the design lineage (This is why I don't subscribe to the First Contact ships being pre-TNG)

The nacelles need to be more rounded more Ambassador/Cheyenne/Galaxy esque. Stretched more maybe like you have done - to mirror an Excelsior influence or more probably an Enterprise-B Excelsior variant!

Otherwise very nice!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Benjamin Peace
Member # 1939

- posted      Profile for Benjamin Peace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'USS Imaginus' got my attention. I think everything is perfect. I can see the evolution out of Excelsior design philosophy into a prerunner of Galaxy style design.

But the kilometer long....thing, seen here, keeps me comming back.

--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." - Picard

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice fan ships you got there.
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find myself loving the uniqueness of it.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Lobo seems to be AWOL, one of you post-TOS schematicists should do some other views.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, speaking of starships and Masao....
I so ripping you off, pallie!
Sorta.

I'm making a nice little model of your Avenger design...updated for the DS9 era.
I kept the ship the same size, figuring that miniaturization would allow the ship a crew of about 30 and still be able to kick ass as a cutter.

I'll post piccys as it finished up, but I wanted your permission/blessing just in case someone wants to cast it )you'd get one, of course).

Again, this is a departure from your work, but the infludence is clear.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps