Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Anyone know of a Tellar emblem? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Anyone know of a Tellar emblem?
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only ones I've seen is the one from the RPG (seen at Memory Beta: http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/Tellar ). I'd like this for my map project. Also, are there any Vulcan emblems other than that IDIC thing.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Enterprise establish some new emblems??

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't watch Enterprise much, so that's why I'm asking. I know that Enterprise established an Andorian emblem.

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always the old Franz Joseph tech manual where the Federation is suggested to consist of (or at least to have been founded by) folks from Earth, Alpha Centauri, 40 Eridani, 61 Cygni and Epsilon Indi. That is, Earthlings, Centaurians, Vulcans, Tellarites and Andorians, even though FJ doesn't say that much.

The 61 Cygni sign is a very Earth-centric design featuring, you guessed it, a swan, its wings raised to cradle some symbology. The Epsilon Indi one is a boring regular stars-and-stripes style flag with a white seven-armed Maltese cross in place of the stars, and just seven stripes in rainbow colors, red up and violet down.

Timo Saloniemi

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
There's always the old Franz Joseph tech manual where the Federation is suggested to consist of (or at least to have been founded by) folks from Earth, Alpha Centauri, 40 Eridani, 61 Cygni and Epsilon Indi. That is, Earthlings, Centaurians, Vulcans, Tellarites and Andorians, even though FJ doesn't say that much.

My theory on this is that all were supposed to be Earth colonies, and only later they were connected with being the homes of alien races.

I had a look in the FASA manuals, the Star Trek IV supplemental indeed gives logos for the Federation races:
 -

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tellarite logo is a pig? Who came up with that?

To answer Andrew's question, no, there was no apparent Tellarite logo used on Enterprise.
There are a few candidates from other souces, though the only one I can recall is an unidentified banner from the Khitomer scenes in ST:VI. As I recall it was a red triangle pointing down with what looked like yellow leaves wrapped around it and a black upwards pointing triangle as a background.
It was on my to-do list, but I never got around to it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thanks, Kobi, but that FASA emblem's...not useful! It's as if the Earth emblem had an angry gorilla on it.

Also, Timo, I know about those FJ emblems, but I'm trying to forget about them. However, some were used in the movies, but weren't really identified (ignorable).

I think Bernd might have come up with a banner or something. I'll have to rummage around my hard disc a bit.

Anyone know of any other Vulcan emblems (hopefully without hammers, anvils, or volcanoes)?

Edit: Found some Fed flags Bernd sent me:

Tellar:
 -

Andor:
 -

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Anyone know of any other Vulcan emblems (hopefully without hammers, anvils, or volcanoes)?

Only ones with rubber tires, bombers, & motorcycles.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Yeah, those are ok.

--------------------

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Thanks, Kobi, but that FASA emblem's...not useful! It's as if the Earth emblem had an angry gorilla on it.

Well, not to speak in defence of the FASA emblem, but several states have humans on their coat of arms [Smile] (No Gorillas though.)

I think it is just important to show that the flags or coat-of-arms are alien enough. Just look how different the present day coat-of-arms from European/American states are to those from Arabian world and Asia.

Edit: Just had a look at LUG's Planets of the UFP, in an image depicting first contact between Tellarites and off-worlders the Tellarites carry standards with big discs on top. The discs are framed ... fits very good with Bernd's red disc and the yellow frame.

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, there was this emblem shown in one of the movies which correspond with Franz� sketches:
my tellarite ships page

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about Masao, but that helps ME out a lot.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I created these two from the Franz Joseph Designs.

61 Cygni (Tellar)
 -

40 Eridani (Vulcan)
 -

40 Eridani looks sufficiently Vulcan.

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I combined the FJ logo with some Tellarite graphics from ENT to get a modified logo I used on this early Tellarite ship:

-

I figured if their planet had people that looked like pigs, they might also have birds that look like cyclops swans.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ark ship? Is it for evacuation of Tellar, colonization, or both?

Either way it's a nice design that's really alien.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps