Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Anyone know of a Tellar emblem? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Anyone know of a Tellar emblem?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Shik: That's an interesting idea, except that I'm envisioning it as a giant inverted wang. (Shows where my mind is, I guess... but then, I just watched Austin Powers the other day...)

I was thinking more of a "I'm standing at the bottom looking up" & the think disappears up at a shapr rate. The suns could be off-centered & not connected to appear less tezzy-ish.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
Maso, where did you get that map? If you made it yourself, what maps did you use as references? I've wanted to make my own map of the local neighborhood. I've found a few sites, but not a whole lot of information.

I drew it myself, on the basis of information and maps from Winchell Chung ( http://www.projectrho.com/starmap.html especially the "actual maps" page ). I also used info from the Internet Stellar Database and Christian R�hl's site. I've got various versions dating back about 3 years. But this is the first where I've tried to figure out likely areas of expansion on the basis of stellar distances.

The home planets (Vulcan, Andor, and Tellar) and from ancient fandom. ST:E put Andor on Procyon to encourage conflict with the Vulcans.

Here's another map showing showing the vertical dimensions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Masao/CoreSystemsPerspPrewar.jpg (752 kb)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, so you went for Epsilon Indi as the Andorian home system, well, Dan used Zeta Tucanae for it, a top choice still. Equal distance to Earth and Vulcan.

The Tellar Space Elevator mentioned earlier is also from LUG's "Planets of the UFP".

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao, mate if you want I could send you the original vector files of those logos to alter as you see fit.

As for the Tellar logo, I might draw one up based on that unclaimed Khitomer banner, up to you if you want to use it or not of course.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Maso! I'd seen a few sites before, but never found http://www.projectrho.com/starmap.html before now.

Thanks.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kobi: Epsilon Indi is the "traditional" fandom homeworld for the Andorians, so I decided to stick with it.

Herb: Winchell's Chung's site is great in all respects. He even fixed me up with some 100-ly diameter maps I requested.

Rev: Which logos? I have my own versions of the Vulcan, United Nations, and Andor logos.
The Tellar Khitomer banner reminds me too much of a Japanese Zero fighter. It might be a bit too simple. I emailed Geoff Mandel to see if a Tellar emblem was designed but I haven't heard back from him yet.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

For those of you trying to design a Tellar emblem, please note that 61 Cygni is possibly a three-body system, with 61 Cygni A, about the same size as the Sun, and 61 Cygni B, about 75% the diameter of the Sun orbiting each other at a distance of 51 to 121 AU; an unseen third body, 61 Cygni A, might be orbiting 61 Cygnia A at a distance of 4 AU. It's diameter is less than 10% of the Sun's, making too small for a star.

http://www.stellar-database.com/Scripts/search_star.exe?Name=61+Cygni

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Rev: Which logos? I have my own versions of the Vulcan, United Nations, and Andor logos.
The Tellar Khitomer banner reminds me too much of a Japanese Zero fighter. It might be a bit too simple. I emailed Geoff Mandel to see if a Tellar emblem was designed but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Well I was referring to the 40 Eridani logo really. Thought it'd save you the effort of redrawing it just to get shot of the banner.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thanks anyway, Rev.

Here's a quick idea a knocked together. it's a graphic represenation of the Tellar trinary home system. I decided on the top view, since a side view ended up looking too much like the Andor emblem. I'm not completely happy with the colors, but I sort of like including purple.

-

By the way, Aridas mentioned some Andorian script. Where might I see a sample?

[ April 10, 2007, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Masao ]

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dig it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Some variations, but some are getting to look a bit Muslim, which would be inappropriate for a race that look like walking pork products.
 -

--------------------

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to put you in any direction, but here is the Tellarite Standard I came up with based on the LUG image:
 -

(Here is the LUG scan)

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Some variations, but some are getting to look a bit Muslim, which would be inappropriate for a race that look like walking pork products.
 -

That last one is the favourite so far. Perhaps tone down the colours a bit, add some detail like double rimm some of those circles, surround it with some Tellarite text and maybe mount the whole thing on an oval shield. Maybe a vertically orientated oval would balance it out.

Tell you what, I'll sketch something out when I get home.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call Jihad on your porkine race!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thanks, all. You've all been helpful, except for the wee-model�building Abbadon fellow (I kid! I kid!)

Speaking of "Jihad," I learned this word from TAS.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps