Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Neo NX-01 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Neo NX-01
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Just a sketch not more.
Commens?

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would firt in real nice as a mix of teh Akira and the Sovvie...
IP: Logged
Edipissed Wrecks
Ex-Member

can't wait to see three views, Lobo. like always, your design is very very promising.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Very nice. Very.
Red BWC
Ex-Member

(Writhes in envy)
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or put another set of nacelles below her and make her an Intrepid/Constellation/Akira mix.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit confused. Akira is retro-developed to NX-01, NX-01 is further developed to neo-NX-01?

But it is an excellent sketch, a ship that would *really* continue the design lineage of NX-01 if there were no Akira. I appreciate how you have avoided using certain details like the raised double hulls sticking out from the main hull, and how you have added details from other ships of the time, like the Intrepid cut-out. Further developments (or retro-developments) of a design need style changes while maintaining the overall shape, and not slavish reproduction of details.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extremely sleek. Reminds me of the TOSsified Intrepid class... I like how you've given this ship the opposite treatment [Smile]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be a fun ship to build. Show it to some resin casters, maybe they'll be willing.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here is the side view of the ship.
I hope you like it.
 -

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a neat ship, but, from my purely selfish point of view, which is not at all artistically inclined and so should not be listened to, the little secondary hull-like bulge doesn't quite fit. And I can't see where the hangy-down bit inbetween the nacelles is. I would think you could go the Steamrunner route, and pull it down a bit more and put the deflector there.

Or, you know, not.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This ship is freaking fantastic Lobo! I love it, a real beaut.

Forget the Ent era. Update a few details and make it a Nova/Sov contemporary. Besides the lifboats you have on there are from the Sovereign...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the intent was a Nova/Sovvie contemporary.

And, um, I love it. A lot. I hereby confer "the-man"-hood on Lobo.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a really awesome ship. However, I would hav to concur with Simon in that the little secondary hull bulge doesn't look right. A hanging deflector � la Steamrunner would be very fitting for this ship.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps