Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Neo NX-01 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Neo NX-01
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet looks like from 200 years after. Oh well, we all know that obviously.

Anyway Lobo, love your design - be it with or without bulging secondary hull. As you said, just make two versions and everyone will be happy...hopefully [Smile]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here.
 -

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yet looks like from 200 years after. Oh well, we all know that obviously.

We "all" do?

Bored now...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
Here is the first picture of the MSD.
 -

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lobo
Member # 669

Update:
 -
The name "neo nx class" is just a placeholder for the real class name, thats not given yet.

Lobo

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

Here is an other color scheme:
 -

Lobo

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think I like the blue/yellow scheme better. Those thick pastel-colored columns make the ship's guts somewhat difficult to make out.
Lobo
Member # 669

Here is an first try of an construction emblem.
 -

I know, its not really good, but i'm working on it.

Lobo

Edit: Here is a larger version of the MSD (161kb):
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mrbrown5/mas-1b.jpg

[ September 11, 2002, 21:46: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the side profile of the "bulgey" version. Lobo, you should be working for Paramount. then there would be at least one person there who actually cared about trek.
IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should definitely have the bulge.

[ September 20, 2002, 12:51: Message edited by: Nimpim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer the bulge version. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know what this design reminds me of... I think it is a perfect next step from the Sovereign/Intrepid/Akira/Nova generation

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that first page sketch is great with the dual, forward-facing phaserstrips on the "forehead of the saucer.
It could be the first Starfleet ship that can fire several beams simultaneously.
Picture that, with two bright lights traveling down the strips, shooting out from the lower halves, straight forward.

Note to author: The right nacelle on the first-page sketch looks like it is curving more upwards instead of outwards from the main body, which I actually think is nicer than the IMO too wide nacelle pair of the real NX-01.
If the nacelles are aligned more closely to the body, like in the sketch, it looks faster and sleeker, mmm.

I'm not saying "Dauntless" sleek, but, well...

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did see Galaxies firing more than one beam at a time from a single strip during the Dominion War.
Nim
Member # 205

Yes, and I remember in "Year of Hell" (or was it that first Malon ep, "Void"?) when Voyager gave all she got, she fired multi then too, it was nice.

But I meant even more timed and simultaneous, like old Enterprise 1701 did with her parallel blue beams, in TOS.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps