Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » starfleet logo "Enterprise era" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: starfleet logo "Enterprise era"
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E

and I advance to the next round of the spelling bee!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Resistance
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHHAHAHA :I
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See? Here we have a newbie with atrocious spelling, who thinks he knows everything, and posts large images all the time instead of links. And I haven't said a word. Yet when he storms off in a huff I'll get the blame, and I didn't do anything. But "everyone knows" I'm horrible to newbies so it must have been me. It's just not fair.

And that one with the compleat (sic) circle looks fake. What's the matter, O futile one? Can't abide the thought of the soulless agents of the New World Order still existing a century and a half from now?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor old Vogon, nobody loves him!
[Razz]

quote:
What does the "5" signify? It is visible in the upper left corner.
Floor 5? Section 5? Building 5?
Does it matter?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure this is the sort of detail someone at EdenFX would love to tell us about. Or, alternately, tel us abowt.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
See? Here we have a newbie with atrocious spelling, who thinks he knows everything, and posts large images all the time instead of links. And I haven't said a word. Yet when he storms off in a huff I'll get the blame, and I didn't do anything. But "everyone knows" I'm horrible to newbies so it must have been me. It's just not fair.

And that one with the compleat (sic) circle looks fake. What's the matter, O futile one? Can't abide the thought of the soulless agents of the New World Order still existing a century and a half from now?

Vogon...

And here I thought you were just miserable to all of us? 8^P

As for me...I look forward to Resistance's posts, spelling aside, since frankly I graduated from any school that could give me a grade for spelling 12 years ago. I think his graphics quality allows him a little room to slide in the spelling department...

Later!
Art

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Translation:
You think its ok for him to be incompetent, as long as he looks good. [Wink]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, guys - before you laugh and ridicule... compleat is a real word.

quote: from dictionary.com

1 entry found for compleat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

com�pleat Pronunciation Key (km-plt)
adj.
Of or characterized by a highly developed or wide-ranging skill or proficiency: �The compleat speechwriter... comes to anonymity from Harvard Law� (Israel Shenker).
Being an outstanding example of a kind; quintessential: �Here was the compleat modern misfit: the very air appeared to poison him; his every step looked treacherous and hard won� (Stephen Schiff).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Variant of complete.]

Probably not used in the correct context here, but it is, indeed a real word.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what the others who are wearing uniforms but aren't of the Enterprise crew are wearing on their shoulder patches.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I find most interesting here is that they've made it so that San Francisco is still a naval base the 22nd century, as well as a home for Starfleet.
I don't recall any kind of naval presence in any of the 23rd and 24th Century San Francisco shots that we've seen.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
I wonder what the others who are wearing uniforms but aren't of the Enterprise crew are wearing on their shoulder patches.

Andrew

Something similar to this I'd imagine.

-

--------------------

Resistance
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It hasn't been fun ....All I can say is that this is my Last reply...I'm out!!!
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No comment.

Reverend: nice logo. What class is that?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

uuuumm....it's Prefect-class....made by ford....at the betelgeuse ship yards....
I don't know, I just made it up [Razz]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to think there were more creative variants than that.. like on Masao's museum site
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps