Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x04 Escape Velocity $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x04 Escape Velocity $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much time to post.

Discuss.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess we now have a Harvey-Ellen? Also, example #2 of the hot Cylon chick hooking up with the old dude.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is example #1 Boomer and Cavil... cuz yeah that is true if that's what you mean.

I guess then that Chief will be scrubbing some random refinery ship next episode?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what he was doing was projecting in the way that the other cylons do, just at a subconscious level.
It's an odd thing to focus on, but my favourite bit in this episode was actually seeing some activity on the landing deck, something I had wondered about since the mini.

I also liked how Baltar ranted on the gods of Kobol. He's right, Zeus was a serial rapist to say nothing of being incestuous and a child murderer. When you say it like that the human sacrifices on Kobol start to make more sense.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno if Ellen was actually supposed to be a character, but rather just a projection (hallucination). I think that various Cylon tendencies are starting to come out in the Four... except that the irony is, they're also very Human reactions to their revelation. Which sheds a lot of light on some of the possible background to the reasoning for wiping out Humanity...

Tory's got the superiority complex, Tigh's started projecting, Tyrol is waxing philosophical, and Anders... well, I'm stumped. But do you see the pattern?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anders is getting pussy whipped as usual, though I think his patience is wearing thin.

Almost forgot, for some reason I like the fact that Tigh isn't above changing a shitty nappy.

It's probably not the case but I'm wondering if Ellen was actually a six that just got old. There are after all some very real similarities between Saul and Baltar, so I can see how they'd both be attracted to the same kind of man.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it would be interesting if that were the case, but it seems unlikely. Cylons resurrect already as adults and in the case Calvin, old men. Plus its only been 5 years in-universe. Hardly enough time to see aging, especially considering the skinjobs are always dying.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though if Tigh is anything to go by, Cylons certainly do age. I hadn't thought about Ellen being an aged Six, but I really like that idea actually.

And I too liked the fact that we saw some activity on the flight pod, although the dopey landram driver who pulled out just as the raptor came crashing in ought to fired (if he survived). [Wink] Maybe he can swap jobs with Tyrol?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, do we have proof that Six is an actual entity, in that she is seen (or rather, not) to manipulate Baltar physically in a way that he himself couldn't have done?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah that whole thing with picking up Baltar was creepy, especially since we don't know for sure what's going in his head.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's all a dream. DUN DUN DUNN! I'd send a letter bomb to somebody if that were the case. Only not really. Don't hurt me, Mr. Dept. of Homeland Security.

It's funny to see that the flight deck activity and diaper-changing were also enjoyed by others.

I had a short-lived but powerful certainty that Tyrol was going to reveal himself as a Cylon in the bar. And Adama shows his prickishness again. It seems to me he's not really a great guy sometimes, and it clashes. He tells a guy, hey, I understand, your wife just killed herself and left you with the baby, then 2 seconds later he's saying shut the frak up with your pain, or I'll have to do something about it? Another example is the one the Chief brought up - you don't think she was a good woman or you wouldn't have threatened to put her against the bulkhead and shoot her to quell a strike. That was the instant I stopped liking Adama, by the way.

What did Baltar say to Lee when he half-hugged him? You do the work your gods something something, I can't catch it.

Tigh seen in a flashback did look younger (and Adama knew him then so we know he really existed back then) so maybe Cylons can age depending on how long they live between reboots.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Cylons are still flesh and blood so logically if they go without downloading then their cell division will eventually corrupt and age normally. Indeed, Saul even has hair once! I'm starting to wonder if Tigh wasn't the only one "built" as an adult form while the others were built as infants and they've all been naturally ageing over the the last 30-something years. So perhaps they did have parents after all, or at least foster or adopted parents.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I play around with the idea that Tigh was built as a baby too, and has been aging since then. The Cylon *war* was 40 years ago, but we have no idea how long they 'served man' before 'they rebelled' after all.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well it's safe to say, given the events of Razor that they didn't develop skinjobs until after the war, so Tigh would have to have been built as a 20 year old, at least.
Personally I like the idea that his consciousness was originally that of an old Centurion. Somehow it suits his personality.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I don't know that it's safe to say anything, given that the Final Five were entirely unknown even to the other Cylons. Also, how individual and sentient were the old Centurions? I mean, were they all mindless footsoldiers, or did they have sentient commanders, or were they all sentient individuals?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps