Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x04 Escape Velocity $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x04 Escape Velocity $$
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were never given any hints about the Fabulous Four before the Bob Dylan scene. Has Moore mentioned if this was a planned revelation or not?

The problem with the Final Cylon is indeed that there are basically no significant main characters left that could be a Cylon. Roslin, Baltar and Starbuck are all a bit odd, but it has been repeatedly said they are not Cylons, and it would be a bit of a cheat to make any of them a Cylon at this point.

The Final One is dead.. hmm. I vote for the baby Six kills in the miniseries [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
We were never given any hints about the Fabulous Four before the Bob Dylan scene.

Jimi Hendrix, you mean.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he does, no.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were a lot of versions of that song, no? And this was the Dylan one. But Hendrix did one too.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dylan wrote it, and it's been covered many times. Arguably the most popular cover version is the Hendrix one.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly enough, the actor who plays Tigh said that he invited the other Three to his trailer cause he had the Dylan and Hendrix version of the song.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other three or the other Three? [Razz]
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob Dylan originally did All Along the Watchtower, but the Hendrix version is consider the version of the song. It's the version I've had in my classic rock MP3 collection for years. I also have the one from BSG by Bear McCreary.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
We were never given any hints about the Fabulous Four before the Bob Dylan scene. Has Moore mentioned if this was a planned revelation or not?

The nearest to a clue I think we got was when Tyrol was worried he was a Cylon and irony of ironies, Cavil told him he couldn't be because he hadn't seen him at any of the Cylon meetings.

From everything I've heard, they didn't plan ahead who the "Fabulous Four" might be, but that seems to go against what we've heard about the final Cylon. We keep hearing that there have been clues all the way through the series to suggest the identity of the F5. Unless that means the final really is fundamentally different from the others and therefore needed to be set up from the start.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
The other three or the other Three? [Razz]

The other three "we found out we're cylons" cylons [Razz]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only clue I can think of is Tyrol being drawn the the temple of the five...but then Anders was right there on the planet too and not so much as a blip.
I suppose Tigh's self hatred can be classed as a clue and having a Six lookalike for a wife, but I doubt it was planned from the start.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really think she's a lookalike. I mean, aside from the hair color, I don't see a major resemblance.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Random thought: Since most of the fleet is still trying to identify the final five Cylons, it must really suck if you happen to be a pair of identical twins! [Big Grin]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Or God forbid, triplets. Hey, that's a hell of a good point though.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixes have been seen with a variety of hair colours and styles, none of which especially matched that of Ellen Tigh. I think it's just the fact that they both have blonde hair which they decided to exploit for this scene rather than any deeper meaning.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps