Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Terminator 3 *NO $$$* (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Terminator 3 *NO $$$*
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure T2 actually showed that anything had changed. What if Skynet sent the t-800 to '84 and the t-1000 to 90-whenever-t2-took-place at the same time, from the same timeline, as a back-up measure?

The resistance would've then sent Reese and the reprogrammed t-800 also at the same time.

From the future Sarah's and John's point of view in that timeline, the events of the first and second movie would've already happened (assuming Sarah was still alive).

The real change, then, would come after the destruction of Cyberdyne Systems, when the military began work on Skynet.

However, I believe you're right that the creators of T1 were going for the idea of a predestination paradox and never meant for the remains of the t-800 to factor into anything. At the end of the movie, we're presented with the idea that things will happen just as Reese told Sarah they did and that nothing had changed. T2 changes that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, I believe you're right that the creators of T1 were going for the idea of a predestination paradox and never meant for the remains of the t-800 to factor into anything. At the end of the movie, we're presented with the idea that things will happen just as Reese told Sarah they did and that nothing had changed. T2 changes that.

...And then T3 changes it again by saying that there the timeline can be changed buy there are some things (in this case Judgment Day) that are inevitable.

Incidentally, some scenes that were cut from the original movie set up the second, with Sarah Conner finding out Cyberdynes's address and trying to persuade Reese to let her attack it.

...and an alternate ending for T2 showed an elderly Sarah Conner sitting in Washington in 2029 talking about the war that never happened.
(Thank god for DVD extras [Smile] )

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps