Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Voyagers! 1982-83 Classic Time Travel Sci-fi (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Voyagers! 1982-83 Classic Time Travel Sci-fi
tvpastcom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very cool show,
I watched it religously as a child of 11yrs
and was crushed when they took it of the air
(Hexum's Death)

TVPastcom [Wink]

IP: Logged
Ozu
Member # 1778

- posted      Profile for Ozu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch it every week also. I was a little younger than 11 (probably not much though), and I can't really recall if it was indeed a good show or if I'm just remembering it fondly for nostalgic reasons. I had forgotten about it until reading your post. Wasn't the setup about a guy who traveled through time with a small brass compass type device who had a kid sidekick that he accidentally picked up in some era or other? I forget what their motivations were.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to remember this coming up before... Some outfit was/is making replicas of the compass-thing that they charged a ridiculous amount for.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

tvpastcom
Ex-Member

-

Yes, that's right..
The show was executive produced by Jim Parriott
and ran from 1982-83. It was cancelled after only 20 shows! Of course Hexum died in 84 so it was pretty much dead anyway.
It was about a time traveler named Phineas Bogg(Voyager) who accidently fell into Jeffery Jones highrise apartment bedroom, when his time machine (Omni)malfuntioned. When Jeffery's Dog bit into Bogg's Voyager Guide Book, Jeffrey tried to stop the dog and got flung out the window Bogg had broken getting into the apartment. After saving Jeffery(Meeno Peluce) from from a fall out his bedroom window(Using the Omni) they work together to correct history whenever it strayed.

I have a replica of the guide book pictured here below..(A real book even,not blank)

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been extremely close to ordering an Omni replica on a number of occasions. I just can't quote make myself drop the $400.

I remember this show very fondly and cheesy SFX and lack of wardrobe changes aside, it's the series I would most love to see put on DVD. My favorite episodes include the ones with Drake, and the one where they visited the Titanic and ran into another Voyager as well as a bad-guy who collected Omnis.

So, every page in that book is filled with content? Is it a history book that they recovered? It look slike an Omni instruction manual in the front.

Now... not because I don't like rambling on, but did you, like, have a question to discuss or anything?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

tvpastcom
Ex-Member

That's funny,

Yes, lack of wardrobe changes was indeed one of the shows many short cummings, but then for a kid it really didn't matter.
The book is authentic to the show and has exactly what "Bogg" mentioned. The omni field stripping guide. It has some bonus stuff as well, like the "Voyager Code of Conduct".
etc. The rest is indeed a world history book, and it is wonderful how it all flows together.
Nice Replica. Especially if you have the Omni. It all looks great on a lighted shelf, and is even more fun to read.
I'm in the middle of making (just for myself) a twelve inch action figure of Voyager "Bogg" complete with authentic clothing and a mini guide book and omni. Its gonna look AWESOME. I will post images when ready.
Oh, you can get this show on DVD no problem at
www.TVPast.com

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a surprise!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting for that.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

tvpastcom
Ex-Member

Yep, That's right...
Put it all together and I'm gonna have a great little display.
To bad the show didn't last beyond one season.
Of course "Quantum Leap" took over where Voyagers left off, but I'll bet it could be done today
and still attract an audience, especially with the FX today.
Another show that could be done even better today would be "Fantasy Island". Not the silly reality crap already tried, but the actual Fantasy theme.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No... we were waiting for the sales pitch.

I always found it amusing that these time travelers were supposed to carry around this book without anywhere to put it. It's not like Bogg had a backpack or anything that he could store it in. I'm surprised he hadn't lost it before.

I also don't recall the female Voyager in the Titanic episode having or mentioning a guidebook. I do recall her being hot though.

Edit: And here's where I get pissy. An important note in your post might be that, you didn't buy one of these guidebook props, you sell them, and that this entire thread is advertising.

From your "Airwolf" section: "If an official studio release ever becomes available, we will discontinue the sale/trading of our Custom Collection."

Bad news...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

tvpastcom
Ex-Member

Hello There,

Hey Finally! somebody who noticed that Voyager Thing as well...TEEHEE. I was very curious of the same thing, "Where WOULD they keep the book?"
By the way, the female Voyager was pretty HOT, and she did have a guide book, which is visible at the very end of the TITANIC episode as they meet up on the sidewalk.

When I was first approached to produce the Guidebook, my first thought was "Why the Guidebook? who cares about that when the Omni was the main prop" but it appeared that no one could afford an accurate omni representation(Seen it offered on another site), hence many were happy with an excellent guidebook for a quarter of the omni cost.

I admit that my posts can sound sales pitchy, but there is no actual offer of sale on this forum. I only mentioned the availability of the series in answer to the young lady's question. If I have offended any rules by doing so, than for that I am sorry. I just like to talk about the series, but since I sell my prop as well, it can appear as that is my intent, it is not.
First, the guide book is just ONE of two Voyagers ideas mentioned here, and second, There is no offer/cost mentioned ON EITHER. Therefore it is not a sales pitch.
As far as "Airwolf" the item you have linked to doesn't appear to be an official realease, nor does the ad appear to boast such a thing. Despite the pretty packaging. You will see this a lot with Amazon in my opinion. Further, it would have to be an official release of what we offer, which is a custom made COMPLETE series.(footnote: this item's sales suck anyway, LOL)
So To sum it all up, I would love to talk to anybody about Voyagers or Fantasy Island despite what my website does or does not offer. I hope this will not be a deterrent.

Ozu
Member # 1778

- posted      Profile for Ozu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel so used [Razz] . You guys are hardened grizzled forum veterans. I am new (as you can see by my member #), and got totally sucked into that one....
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread will be about the discussion of Voyagers! and not about selling the merchandise associated with it. Failure to comply will result in the thread being locked, millions of Chinese orphans having to live on a diet of candy corn until Halloween, and tvpastcom being locked in the dungeon for a period of time not more than six months and not less than four months with only Celine Dion as a dungeonmate.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen "Voyagers", don't think Sweden ever aired it here.
It isn't anything like this, is it?

This thread feels like one of those car crash test videos, in ultra-slow motion. Mooooaaaaaah-KKRTTSCH

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Meh.

Noone's ever called me young lady before. Mostly, I suppose, because I'm a 30 year old man.

The Airwolf release is, of course, an offical release. Amazon doesn't sell bootlegs. They're not going to put "This is an official studio release, not a bootleg" in the listing.

But I'll play along here:

It's been quite awhile since I've seen an of the episodes, so remind me what the female Voyager's deal was. What was her name? As I recall, she was dressed in a leather coat and looked sort of like a pilot. Bogg knew her from somewhere. She was aboard Titanic to try and prevent some kind of art theft, I think, and Jeffery and Bogg just happened to run into her thanks to Bogg's malfunctioning Omni. She had been kidnapped by the badguy who had taken her Omni and was trying to get her to tell him what it was. I seem to recall, too, that they were worried about him accidentally hitting the button and travelling through time, and the only reason he hadn't yet is because he hadn't changed any of the dials.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps