Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » You know you're bored when... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You know you're bored when...
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...does anyone else have any interesting pencil-holding positions?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We're going to take a five minute break...we'll be back in twenty minutes." - John Linnell

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my.

Go outside! Both of you! Take a drive, take a walk, take something!

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I took several unlabeled chemicals about an hour ago.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We're going to take a five minute break...we'll be back in twenty minutes." - John Linnell

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm drinking Big 8 cola and eating Willocrisps...

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited February 05, 2000).]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
........ Did this conversation just take place!?

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed it did. And it can continue, if you want to join...

------------------
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh brother........

Like my friend says, "Get a Hobby."

But, now that I think about it......no. I use a pen, nevermind.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Brandon: You of all people should know that this is my hobby

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staedtler 0.5 Polo. One of the most reliable Lead pencils out there, in my opinion. Writes well, doesn't cost too much. Some other Lead pencils can cost up to 5 dollars.

Unfortunately for me, I seem to be writing a bit too hard lately (stress perhaps?). Damn lead seems to be breaking all the time. Or maybe it's low quality lead? I just got a box of pencil leads a few months ago, and they keep breakin.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least it's a box.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why climb Mt. Everest? Because its there.
Why scan a pencil? Because you can

Its a 1 1/2 year old aluminum Zebra 0.5 Mech. Pencil. Expensive but comfortable

...ok UBB uses different brackets...fixed
------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited February 06, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own at least one Pentel 0.5mm pencil that's older than some of the forumites. For lead, I use the Pentel plastic-and-graphite compound. It's much stronger than the Scripto leads (I think they're pure graphite).

What other drawing implements do you use? I use two different triangles (a 30-60-90 triangle, and a 45-45-90 one) and an assortment of French curves. I also have at least two circle gauges and an ellipse gauge (a very useful device, if you ask me).

------------------
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
Come Hither and Yawn...

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use pentel .7 pencils and leads. And various pens and marker, colored pencils. But the majority of my stuff is created by scanning then coloring on my computer.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the hell of it...

I've used Pentel "Quicker-Clicker" pencils for seven years, ever since I found one under a bench at school... I use both .7 and .5... .7 more often 'cause it just happens to be the one that's kept in the pile of pens and pencils next to the monitor...

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just imagine what's going to happen if this trend continues.

"I was bored today, and I didn't have anything to do, but then I looked down at my scanner, and I figured, hey, why not?"

The next day, we'll have to have AdultCheck installed.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps