Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » This Just Cracks Me Up... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Just Cracks Me Up...
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, little spelling errors often crack me up. Actually lots of things do. Anyway...

Oftentimes I'll get an e-mail regarding my site. They're usually quite nice. A few complaints here and there... But that's not the point, now, is it? Well, about every third one starts off with "Garek" when the proper spelling is clearly listed in the e-mail address and on the page several dozen times.

I can't think of many better examples for the moment. But I'm wondering if any of you have thoughts or experiences at all related to this...

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one word for you: Kremin.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Kermin. Or Kernim. Or...

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last few weeks, they've been saying "Star Track: DS9" on KCOP 13 here in L.A. I guess that's a vocal mistake or something though :P

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehe.....I see "Star Trek: The New Generation"...but that's more a concept error than a spelling one.

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On KCOP's DS9 commercials, I've heard Cardassian pronounced "Cardashun" and Garak pronounced "Gur-rock".

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Motivator on GMTV announced that becasue of Other Visits Optimus Primus was now dead.
But only Frank and Krenim are gonna appreciate that one.

People often spell my surname with a C.

And c4 have an annoying habit of calling their most successful US import 'Fraz-e-air'

------------------
'Those are the headlines. Happy now?'
-Chris Morris.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neighbors are named Cavanaugh, actually.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal, that just goes to show you that the folks at KCOP don't even have the brains of Weasle, which one will see quite clearly if one watches their excuse for a news broadcast.

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to recall BBC 2 using Q's "John-Luck Pik-urd" quite literally on several occasions.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the Jenol(insert any vowel here)n.

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

[This message was edited by Bernd on April 28, 1999.]

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Mr Motivators a penis, nuff said.
I rarely watch Channel 4 anyway, they're clueless.

Monty: Is this another BBC rant you're starting?

------------------
What should they be called? Choco Krispies or Coco Pops? LET THE NATION DECIDE!

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion:
Absa-fragginglutely Goddammit!

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Brits are notoriously bad with languages, although I'd like to think that the BBC to whom we pay �100 a year to would employ someone who could pronounce a simple French name properly.

Then they try to offer courses in French and Spanish!

------------------
What should they be called? Choco Krispies or Coco Pops? LET THE NATION DECIDE!

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shakes his head* Among other interesting spellings of my surname due to phone conversation:
Katz
Kaps
Kapps
Caps
Krats... It's become habit to say "Capps.. C, A, P, P, S, that's two Ps, and a C... Yes... No, not Katz, Capps..."

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps