Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hey! I've got a job! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hey! I've got a job!
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I report to work early tomorrow A.M. to fix and repair electronic equipment.

I'm EMPLOYED! Yeeeee-Haaaaah!

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, the optimistic enthusiasm of youth!

but I think that in Baloo's case, he's getting sick and bloody tired of watching Jerry Spinger and General Hospital.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not exactly. I was getting tired of reaching into my wallet and coming up empty. Gas and groceries aren't free, ya know, and gas has gone up almost 50% in the last year.

--Baloo

[Yeah, I KNOW I ought to be in bed by now, but I'm excited and can't sleep.]

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Baloo. Now if only this freelancer could get a permanent full time job as well.......

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the power went off in a large part of NM, and part of Tejas. Were you in the dark?

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo,

I would have thought you would have gotten a job as a shrubber for the Knights Who Say Nee....

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NCC-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that Ni?

------------------
"If a nail is driven into the wrong place, it would be foolish indeed to become angry with the hammer." - Old Russian Proverb

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. But they are no longer the Knights Who Say Ni!. They are now... Ah, forget it. :-)

Oh, and the shrubber's name is Roger. "Robert the Shrubber" just hasn't got the same ring to it... :-)

------------------
"To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves."
-They Might Be Giants, "They Might Be Giants"

Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Baloo !
Hope the best for your new job .

GP

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Details, man, details!

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unreal. So, do you get to blow stuff up by any chance?

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN,

We are now the Knights Who Say Icky Icky Icky Pang WhoooBoing Wrow.

------------------

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's more like "Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pakang-zoom!-boing *mumble-mumble*". Although the "ecky" is sometimes shown as "icky". It's sort of between the two, but I guess it's closer to "ecky"... :-)

------------------
"To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves."
-They Might Be Giants, "They Might Be Giants"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Perhaps this means that you're the "Knights who say something -- they're not exactly sure what, however"?

------------------

Enterprise
Member # 48

NO!!!!!!

TSN SAID THE WORD THAT THE KNIGHTS OF NI CAN NOT HEAR!!!!!!!!!

------------------

-- Worf

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps