Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Odo and the movie, "The Patriot" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Odo and the movie, "The Patriot"
Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if any of you have seen "The Patriot" yet, but our friend Odo is in it.

Just passing that along...

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NCC-74222)

"It's the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars!"
-- Avery Brooks, IBM commercial

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goddamnit! I have yet to see that damned IBM commercial....

------------------
The Juno Sci-Fi Messageboard

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie a few days ago...sorry for not mentioning it. He actually had a pretty significant role...

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"People are buried however they choose to be, apparently. Unless you've never written your will, in which case your body is shipped to Meltakron V and reanimated to serve as a robot in their yttrium mines." - Simon Sizer

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goddamnit! I was going to use that as a sig.

------------------
Sisko: "We run alright, run right at them."
Smiley: "Ah, Pattern Suicide."
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, I have to see that movie now!

Fabrux: That's TWO IBM commercials. I saw two different ones with Brooks in it.

"It's the year two thousand. Why don't we have flying cars? I was promised flying cars!"

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He does have a real name you know, even if no one can ever remember how to spell it.

------------------
But the dead only quickly decay. They don't go about being born and reborn and rising and falling like souffle. The dead only quickly decay.
--
Gothic Archies
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! For the love of God, Montressor!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Ahem)...."Auberjonois. A-U-B-E-R-J-O-N-O-I-S. Auberjonois."

Heh...that's what his son Remy used t'do when people tied to spell it at camp. Even now, 15 years later, I hear him saying it in the back of my mind.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I think there's been at least 4 or 5 IBM commericials that he's done.

And Rene Auberjonois is prononced: Ren-nay Oh-bear-zhen-wah for those who still don't know how to pronounce it.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. I always wondered if he pronounced it the real way, or if it was like "avoirdupois" or "DuBois", &c.

Let's see... How many IBM commercials is Avery Brooks in...? There's the "epiphany" one. The "Libraries of Congress per second" one. The "you're going to need some serious software" one. Apparently, there's one about flying cars (I haven't seen it, though it may have been the one I caught a second of and knew it was one I hadn't seen). Any others?

------------------
"I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups: all you do is annoy me, so I have been sent here to destroy you..."
-Eminem, "The Real Slim Shady"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Gigabytes, terabytes, petabytes"...there was another new one I saw for the first time this weekend.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen everyone of them besides the flying cars one...

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, maybe it's three. I'm sure I've seen all of the ones TSN mentioned. And it's in the flying cars one that he mentions at the end "You don't NEED flying cars, but you're going to need some serious software." Or something along those lines.

Shik: How do you know Rene's son??

------------------
"One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom!
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?"
--Enjolras, "One Day More," Les Miserables

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping to capture the flying cars one on cassette or something... I LOVE that quote. Perfect sig material.

------------------
"BAD KIKI! No karaoke in the house!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the flying car one, so there must be another one w/ "serious software". And the "gigabyte, terabyte, &c." one is the "Libraries of Congress per second" one.

Ziyal: I think Shik might have been making a joke... :-)

------------------
"I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups: all you do is annoy me, so I have been sent here to destroy you..."
-Eminem, "The Real Slim Shady"

Shik
Member # 343

Actually, no, I wasn't joking. When I was a kid, I went to summer camp in Vermont with Remy for a couple years; we were in the same bunk. A bunch of famous people had sent their kids there: Theodore Bikel's son Dan was there (as as his other who's name I can't remember), Nicky Corman (son of "Oh, God!" writer Avery Corman), Max Frey (Glenn's son) & a couple years, we had Sean Lennon in our bunk. Yeah, THAT Sean Lennon. No, I DON'T want to talk about it.

I ran into Rene at the winter reunion one year--literally. I was like 8 or 9 & I was headed to the bathroom & wonked full tilt into him as he was leaving & we came around the corner. Later on, he sat with our bunk at the table & told us stories & whatnot. At the time, I think "Benson" had just left the air, but I'm not sure. What I do remember was that he wasn't "actor Rene Auberjonois," but just "Remy's dad." Way bitchin'.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps