Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 3D Gladiators/SciFi-Art v2 LAUNCH (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 3D Gladiators/SciFi-Art v2 LAUNCH
WarriorDL
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We at SciFi-Art are proud to announce the grand opening of not one, but two, yes, TWO new sites.

First up is the SciFi-Art version 2 site.

The location is the same as the old- http://www.scifi-art.com

Two major notable changes are the Forums URL (gonna have to reset your cookies, NO NEED to re-register at either sites forums!!!) and the Star Trek discussion forum. It will no longer be there on the SciFi-Art forums, because...

SciFi-Art prouly presents the 3D Gladiators site!

It's located at- http://gladiators.3dworlds.org/

The new Star Trek forums are located there.

Modeling the TOS Trek Universe is the Gladiators motto, and a bang up job they did!

Be sure to visit BOTH sites for full entertainment!

About the changes-

SciFi-Art decided a major make-over was needed on the old site, and we went through many delays, trying to figure out which way we were going and what we wanted to do on it.

One major item was to move away from Trek as much as possible, yet not completely.

We went through Senate and normal member changes as well, which also helped in the delays, as some members became honorary (due to lack of online time), and new members were added into the mix.

The over-all SciFi-Art site went through a few server changes as well, like to S-stephens server, until we settled into a new home on Snowcrashes server. SciFi-Art was so popular, it was over-loading S-stephen's server, hence the final move.

Then one day, WarriorDL decided a new sub group would be cool to cover a sorely under-modeled era in Star Trek- The TOS era. The 3D Gladiators were born to help cover the "loss" of Star Trek modeling within SciFi-Art, and from that idea came many more for other sub groups, of who's sites will launch when they are ready.

Meanwhile, Tachy worked long and hard on a good design concept for the new version 2 site. The SciFi-Art members started work on material to place into the sites.

The end result is the two sites listed above.

It's been a long haul for these two sites (Well over 6 months!), but well worth it, as we wanted to bring you, the site visitor, the best we could, and we think we achieved that )

The SciFi-Art Senate

------------------

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*SCREAMS*

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Canadian bacon is called that because it's made from Canadians. And while I'm on the subject, could you people cut back on the fish and rodents and eat more fruits and berries? It would vastly improve your flavor, in my opinion." - Simon Sizer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er... Ah... I know GD is the wrong place for this thread, but I can't think of where to put it. D&A? OL? Hm...

Let's go w/ the Lounge...

------------------
"I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups: all you do is annoy me, so I have been sent here to destroy you..."
-Eminem, "The Real Slim Shady"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see a site from SFA. I see nothing but blatant Spam.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

WarriorDL
Ex-Member

Spam? Where?

Oh, you didn't read and see the URL links posted IN the post?

------------------
SF-A Senate Member
Forum Administrator
3D Gladiators Project Admin

"If not for TOS, then there would be no Trek movies, TNG, DS9 or Voyager."

"All I ask is that you read and understand before jumping to conclusions."

"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."

Warrior of 3D Art Gallery

TachyBanned
Ex-Member

mmm yeah....

Maybe you'd want a clear idea of what blatant spam is ?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spam is posting for the sake of advertising a site. The above qualifies.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Canadian bacon is called that because it's made from Canadians. And while I'm on the subject, could you people cut back on the fish and rodents and eat more fruits and berries? It would vastly improve your flavor, in my opinion." - Simon Sizer

WarriorDL
Ex-Member

Oh. I see. No other web page is allowed to ever be mentioned on these forums?

Or is it just because it's SF-A's site?

No wonder not too many people like your forums...

So much for trying to be a nice Ambassador of sharing stuff, eh?

------------------
SF-A Senate Member
Forum Administrator

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes head in utter disgust*

If you are an "ambassador", you would know to read the RULES of the Forums before you came in and posted. If you read the rules, you would know that what you did is spamming, regardless of who you are or where you are from.

You screwed up. Not our fault. You want someone to blame and insult, I suggest you do it to yourself. Now, if all you're here to do is bug, I suggest looking somewhere else. End of story.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

WarriorDL
Ex-Member

Right. Yeah. Gimme a friggin' break!

Go live in your own world here, guys.

NO FUCKIN' WHERE DID I SLAM, BAD TALK OR ANY FUCKIN' THING TO YOU.

You started it. Not me.

End of story, alright. Get your last words in, and let the world see what you're like.

Oh wait.. no one comes here, so they won't know, will they?

Your loss, not mine.

See ya, tuff guys!

------------------
SF-A Senate Member
Forum Administrator

SnowCrash
Ex-Member

Sorry - I'm a little confused - where are the terms & conditions for the use of these forums?

------------------
"Actually I own the web"

TachyBanned
Ex-Member

u're supposed to have them directly implanted in your waterbrain when you enter this place.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah crap this has degraded into nothing but a toss of words.

quote:
No wonder not too many people like your forums...

There's the bad talking

Of course, you're still continuing to do it, so you're not exactly helping the situation

And the terms and conditions were clearly shown to all of you when you registered. It is clearly stated in this the following:

quote:
IF YOU SPAM US, WE WILL SHUT YOU DOWN! If you post a spam to this BB, you will be banned, and your ISP contacted concerning abuse of their serivices. Doing that will probably get your account terminated. You have been warned. (Spam is defined as any and all of the following: advertisements for services or websites, excessive useless fluff messages, flooding, and the like)

And since you have obviously broken these, I am willing to bet Charles will be locking, if not deleting, this thread.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

WarriorDL
Ex-Member

I'm sorry, but you will have to explain in GREAT detail how a fellow 3D art site proudly announcing their updated site, and another 3D fellow art site announcing their grand opening, is spamming. Am I asking for you to buy anything? No. Spamming someone has to do with buying somethign from another site. I never asked that.

Why did I say no one harldy comes here? LOOK AT THE DAMN POST BEFORE THAT ONE. As I said, you guys started it, not me.

Close and delete this thread. NOW.

I damn sure made a mistake posting that here, thinking "Gee, what commadre, eh?"

Not from you guys, that's for damn sure. So no, I don't think I want to be associated with you at all.

Close and delete.

------------------
SF-A Senate Member
Forum Administrator

American Badass
Ex-Member

Now I know why you guys hate Anti-Social.com. They're friendlier than you.

------------------
I AM AMERICAN BADASS

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps