Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Spork! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spork!
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Tansit speak* Predicate!

------------------
"Wise Papa Smurf... Corrupted by his own power! Can no leader go untainted?!?!"

-Thundarr the Barbarian, Cartoon Network Commercial

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only found it funny, because I've been wondering what the hell a "spork" is after having the word rattle around my head for a few months after picking it up somewhere.
They don't exists anywhere here...except maybe KFC, but under a different name.

I somehow, got it hopelessly intertwined with the "Spam Song" on Monty Python.

------------------
Efficiency is a highly developed form of laziness. - anon (...and boy am I efficient...)
A real diplomat is one who can cut his neighbour�s throat without having his neighbour notice it. � Trygve Lie

Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(transmute)
Spoon + Fork -------> Spork

------------------
Creator of Project Phoenix
[email protected]

IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignites Sporksaber and searches for enemies to the sharp side.

------------------
Sailing the Slipstream

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if a spoon and a fork is a spork. Would what a knife and a fork be? Knork?

------------------
Daniel: "Senator, we have reason to believe the Goa'uld are about to attack."
Kinsey: "Then I think they'll regret taking on the United States military!"
Daniel: "Oh, you're right. We'll just upload a virus into the mother ship."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it would be a fife. But now I'm thinking of Barney from the Andy Griffith Show.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe... There's a substitute teacher in my district who's named Mr. Fife... He's a mean chess player, too...

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing this one site that said the Spork was a sign of the devil.
It was all serious too, until you find the hidden index page and discover he was being satircal (whatever you spell it like).

------------------
Cute, cuddly, widdle teddy bears usually will eat you alive unless you can prove you're a god.

Ex-Admin, moderator at the TrekBBS.com

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when Chunky soups were just appearing on the market they had a promotion where one could send in for a spork...soup so chunky one could eat it with a fork or something similar was their slogan.

I found the spork to be the ultimate watermelon eating utensil. Get the juice and be able to flake out the seeds--the best of both worlds.

The newest one I've seen is the spife...combination of spoon and knife. Apparently used to scoop out the insides of kiwi fruit....which looks like it would beat peeling the things when just fixing a snack for oneself.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that like a spoon that's bigger than a teaspoon, but smaller than a tablespoon, with a serated edge? Cause I've had several for years now. I always used to eat my cereal with them (big spoons scare me).

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No that would be a grapefruit spoon...the spife appeared to be longer and narrower like a knife.

Would put up picture, but the kiwi site has changed it's content.

Eating cereal with a grapefruit spoon would teach one not to be inattentive during breakfast or help one wake up real fast in the morning.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For normal people, yes. Fortunaly, I was born with especially tough lips and a leathery inner mouth, so grapefruit spoons hold no terror for me.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps