Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » mutant powers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: mutant powers
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you couple have any 'superhero' power, what would you have? I would take telekinesis. I hate having to get up to pick up the remote and stuff. And it would really come in handy for turning on and off the lights. And just think of the great party tricks you could do.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the one that gives you all the powers?

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's always that one that with one wish likes to get unlimited wishes...

I would take Havok's unequaled plasma-bursts, Cannonball's blast-shield and flight, Wolvie's healing-factor and X-Man's old leather-jacket.

This is just from the top of my head.
Of course psi-powers are high up on the list but if I write that I want all Cable's psi-powers as well it get's a bit too powerful, y'know? Like starting Diablo with a full plate-mail, a bastard sword and an indestructible shield. It's not fair.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fructose1: Have you read any marvel or have you just seen the movie?
Cuz you have quite a lot of powers to choose from, you know? And you choose to grab the remote, flick switches and do party-tricks????
*conneryspeak* "Not a fan of adventuring, are ya', old boy?"

In Uncanny X-Men of late, there's a puerto-rican doctor that can form a deflector shield around her body and protect her from incoming objects. She ignores her mutant-side though and neglects training.

But in a late edition, by reflex she flexes her shield in a fight, resulting in it breaking down in hundreds of plasma-darts, impaling the opponent. That bothered her, as she has sworn not to kill.
But that skill could be awesome if it were wielded by someone like Cable!!!
Muuch food for thought, how she will proceed.

Oh, and this should go to General Sci-Fi, like all other X-Men stuff. It needs the traffic.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 31, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, For my own storytelling purposes, I long ago created a character, "Sin," who was half-Demon (but a good guy), and could draw upon the "Dark Energies" for use as a weapon with extremely destructive potential, or a nearly impenatrable shield. He could fly, transmute from human to a more 'demonic' form (under duress), and was close to being invulnerable.

But... he was unstable, isolated, depressed, and had some VERY powerful enemies.

If I could have the powers but none of the downside (I'm already isolated and depressed quite enough, thankyou), I'd be him. Think of the good I could accomplish / the FUN I could have!

*changes to demon form, knocks on Pat Robertson's door at 2 AM*
BOOGA-BOOGA!!!

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*THUD*

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: Actually, this is the right Forum. It doesn't say it's actually about the X-Men. You're the one who brought them up. :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll settle for a pair of wings.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to become an inanimate carbon rod. Nobody suspect the carbon rod.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was the butterfly that no-one ever suspects... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess a carbon rod could have butterfly wings, but then you'd really be more like a 'bullet with butterfly wings', which of course everybody suspects

DAMN YOU SMASHING PUMPKINS, Billy Corgan and your little bald head...

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to have the power "Irresistability to Super Models."

On a more canonical level, probably the best powers would be those that could do the most with the least personal risk:

sure, you can lift a car over your head, but will that cure cancer?

You can fly, throw fireballs, whatever, but does that end the international heroin trade? You can stop maybe one or two bank robberies in your home town, but what about all the others?

If you could control peoples minds, turn them toward good and away from Prime Time TV, think of the good you could do. Maybe shapeshifting? Become a famous celebrity or politician, except with a brain andconscience. Inspire people, get things done.

And supermodels too.

Nim
Member # 205

And who watches the watcher?
Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd take the ability to charge random objects, hence making them explode on contact. I could make people's head's explode just by touching them.

------------------
[email protected]

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't touch yourself or you might explode.

------------------
[Bart's looking for his dog.]
Groundskeeper Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im! [Bart gasps.] I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'! So I gave 'im to the church.
Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
Groundskeeper Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug. [Bart stares.] Ya heard me!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps