Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Panic!!!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Panic!!!!!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After so many years of putting up with the authoritarian/dictatorial/undemocratic rule of my mother, I'm finally moving out.

Keep in mind that I'm not overreacting. My mother has been demanding that I leave the house for quite some time now. She believes that if she had her way, I would have been outta there after I turned 19 (damned chinese tradition says that the parent has no obligation to the child after their 19th birthday).

I've already made a down payment for two months rent at a place not far from where I am presently working. Moving in date is Nov 1. Despite this, I am currently experiencing a terrible sensation of PANIC!!!!!!

Is this normal?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited October 26, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's normal.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Completely normal.

You moving in by yourself, or are you sharing with other people?

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 other people.

It's actually a house, with 2 kitchens. I get a room in the basement.

Unfortunately, no TV, I'll have to get my own, and I won't be getting a computer, it belongs to my parents.

Because of this, after Nov 1, I won't be able to have access to the internet unless I'm at work or at school. As well, I'll be using a WebICQ client (Web based, not client based), so that I can log into my contact list without needing to have an actual client.

There are so many things that are going through my head. I have at most $6000 in life savings, and I have a full time job. But I feel uneasy about all this for some reason.

------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, what you're feeling is COMPLETELY normal. As someone who is out on her own AT the age of 19, I can totally empathise with your thoughts. It's kinda scary knowing that you will have to make your own decisions, and knowing that if something goes wrong, you'll have to think for yourself, before going to your family. HOwever, I can assure you that you'll get through it just fine. Especially since you've got a fairly large savings account to draw from if things get rough... make sure to keep that account intact, because you never know what'll come up.... and aside from that, you're going to find out that while things are DIFFERENT now, you'll learn to cope and adapt pretty quickly....

I've been on my own for quite a while, and I don't even HAVE family to go back to in case of emergency... I have no savings account, and have been litterally living pay check to pay check for MONTHS, and still not QUITE making it since the accident... but you know what? Things still aren't so bad.. just keep your head on straight, and you'll be fine. I guarentee it.... :-)

Have fun with this! Don't let it become a huge stress.. you only move out once, so you may as well enjoy it :-)

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on my own for 7 years now...& I'm STILL panicking. I'm attempting to accumulate $2500 to move to State College, PA, to be near someone who doesn't even WANT me (Can we say "stalker," children? I think we CAN..)& I know that once I leave here...there IS no coming back if things don't work out. I WILL be utterly alone knowing only about 5 people in the entire area & not knowing how to get around. Panic, indeed.

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be moving out (hopefully, probably) in August 2001 after getting enough saved to move permanently.

------------------
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will ask, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I moved out about a year and a half ago. Sure, it was kinda scary and depressing, but I got over that real quick. I didn't have NEARLY that much money to draw on from a saving account, either -- I live payday to payday (and every day I work is payday -- gotta love tips!)

------------------
Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican
Gore/Lieberman 2000 - a step forward into the new millennia

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I swear I did not say that quote in Liz' sig!

What I said is "Purple elephants are conquering my pants! Weasels to the rescue!". It's out of context, sure, but it's funnier that way...

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, panic is getting in to a country you have only the slightist clue on how to communicate with the locals. That's why I like England so much..... I could understand!!!!!!
The panic is normal, especially if you have a large family. Although, usually once people get out there and get all their ducks in a row, people enjoy the freedom and challange.
Good luck to you....

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can understand the English? Half the time, I don't even understand the ones who post here, and that's minus the accents... :-)

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mostly, but it beats the heck out of my understanding of German/Spanish/French/etc.......

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because we speak English in the good way of correctness. Cor blimey. Mate. And so on.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Moving day is today.

Wish me luck

------------------

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go n-eir� leat.(Good luck in Gaelic)

------------------
"Unleash the armageddon,
So all the children go to heaven"

"Blue Skies Bring Tears"-The Smashing Pumpkins.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps