Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Panic!!!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Panic!!!!!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck Tanha. I may well be wrong, but I think you will thank your mother for this one day. Nothing will teach you to take care of yourself faster then haveing to.

------------------
Sailing the Slipstream

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that.

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving day complete.

Whole new place is a mess. Nothing organized.

GF will be giving me a desk along with a lamp for my room.

Also found out some "unforseen" things yesterday. For example, Cable is $20/month extra, while I have to set up my own phone line. That'll cost me another $25/month.

Fortunately, I'll have my cellphone with me. Unlimited weeknights and weekends option. Gotta love it.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no. Cable is expensive! The horror. Without cable, you'd be like a poor person, with their pizza's and poor clothes.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cable is $30-something a month in L.A. My mom doesn't want us to watch too much tv, so we don't have it at home. Of course, we get free cable in university housing.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's around $30/mo. around here. We don't have it 'cause my parents are too cheap to pay for it. Not that it'd be worth it, aside from the Sci-Fi Channel and some of the educational ones...

------------------
"Yeah...apparently Sizer is very hard to say, so they replace it with 'Is Mr. Caeser home?'
Sometimes I'll say that no, he has, in fact, passed away.
'My apologies.'
'Oh, that's ok, I'm over it. Brutus is still a wreck though.'
Then I hang up."
-Simon Sizer on telemarketers, 1-Nov-2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Of course, we get free cable in university housing."

WHAT? We barely get a reception from terrestrial TV. And we have to buy our own TV licences. And I have to share a shower with about 12 other people. I tell ya, it's a squeeze getting everyone in their at once. And Eric keeps looking at me funny. But so does Sarah. So that's okay.

Our bars quite cheap though. Pity the closest cash machine is 10 minutes walk. Damn those Carnatic boys with their shop and cash machine and sex. Damn them all.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on my own (sorta) for about a year and a half.

I say sorta 'cuz I've got a roomate. But only for six more months, then I get my own nice little one bedroom up yonder in Cockeysville.

So, in the next six months, I have to:

-Save up a security and pet deposit (probably about $700 all together)

-Pay off at least ONE of my credit cards (my goal!)

-Buy a TV ('cuz the one I have now is my roomies)

Course, living on my own won't be much fun either ... I'm not going to have someone to split cable, electric, OR phones with ... but I don't use the phone that much, I'm pretty good with turning off lights and A/C when I'm not around, and cable is a flat rate, so ...

But, hey, it'll be fun. I'm looking forward to moving. My own place, almost done with college ... =)

Then I can go get my law degree in Bahstan (er, that's spelled according to how it is pronounced, BTW)

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your telephone bill isn't a flat rate? Or are you only talking about long-distance?

------------------
"Yeah...apparently Sizer is very hard to say, so they replace it with 'Is Mr. Caeser home?'
'My apologies.'
Then I hang up."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long distance sucks.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Stupid non-flat rate BT bastards. *mumble mumble* smother to death *mumble mumble*

BTW Jeff, that pizza and sex thing is one of the worst analogies ever, and not true, unless you've been a very, very lucky boy.

------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, getting a decent pizza here is a bitch.....

------------------
Yep

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffrey!!
www.usadatanet.com

WELL worth it.

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I've never tried it, but I'm told that dialpad.com is a good way to make long-distance calls. Basically, you just hook up a headset to your computer and make your calls for free over the 'net.

------------------
'My apologies.'
Then I hang up."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

So, Tahna, out of curiousity, how is your own place working out for you?

I'm currently trying to figure out how I'm going to cram all my stuff (junk/crap) into my new place.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps