Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Join Me. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Join Me.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once the election is over, it's over. Even if it isn't, it will be soon. In the interest of national unity, universal siblinghood, and restoring the peace, I hearby resolve the following:

• To refrain from inflammatory statements about the election process or results until the new president has been in office for at least four weeks.

• To apologize to anyone I may have insulted, either directly or with blanket statements, and ask their forgiveness.

• To forgive anyone who has insulted me, and to gracefully accept any apology tendered.

• To refrain from crowing over my candidate's win, or complaining loudly that "We wuz robbed!"

• To remember that anyone who didn't vote for my candidate is not an enemy who seeks to destroy all that is good.

• To do whatever is in my power to ensure the next election is conducted in a fair and equitable manner -- by pressuring party officials, legislators, state governor, or whomever else may have power or influence over how the next election will be conducted.

• To remember that, no matter who is elected, my neighbor is still my neighbor and deserves to be treated with respect, compassion, fairness, and understanding, no matter who he voted for.

signed...
~~Baloo

------------------
It is more important to understand than it is to agree.

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

[Edited by Daryus Aden to fix the list thingy].

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited December 14, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaack! I don't hate UBB code, really I don't. I just can't always bend it to my will.

Sol, would you be so kind as to fix the tags above? I looked at the applicable UBB codes, really I did!

~~Baloo

P.S.: I plan to try spending more time here than I have in the last few months. Sorry for being absent much of the time.

So how is everybody?

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo- in all his glorious wisdom- is entirely correct. I understand and accept this pledge as well. However, it means I will have to find something else in which to pick on Jeff Kardde for. Maybe his story that he's been bugging me to read...

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I have't bugged you in at least a WEEK about that ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We wuz Robbed!!!!

No, I'm only kidding.... Really.

I actually support Bush being the president.

And welcome back, Baloo. We missed ya, all of us... Really.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
signs on!! Good to see you, Baloo!!

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kosh, about your signature...Is that the whole thing or is there more?

Oh, and Hi Baloo. Just call me Chris. The 'Ms' part in front of my name was put there to help everyone identify me as female.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris, it's the beginning of a song, "All Along the Watchtower", done by Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix, a really good song.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...fixed!

Welcome back, Baloo.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo! I haven't seen you in a long time! Didn't even expect to see ya here. I'm somewhat a newbie in this interesting BBS.

You still make those funky smileys?

------------------
This thing that we've made is fat and feeds on the hate of the millions that it's taught to sing its song...
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE'S A BEAR ON THE FORUMS!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"It's like LSD refined into HTML form."
-Simon Sizer, regarding superbad.com, 12-Dec-2000

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I remember you from when I began posting here again, and the one who posted about the dry ice drink from whenever.
BTW, it still tastes a tad dry.

------------------
[6th Sense] I see dumbass people [/6th Sense]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

MsChris: A female? That makes what? Three? Four? I always enjoy welcoming members of my favorite gender to Flare. I suppose you're probably a bit young for me, but what the heck. I'll fantasize about your mother.

[*Ducks.*] Hey! I was just kidding! Stop with the hitting!

Sol: Thanks! Can you give me a link to a more extensive list of UBB codes? My UBB skills seem to have rusted somewhat.

DEAvendetta: Yep! Haven't made any new ones lately, but I'm glad you remember. So where do I know you from anyway?

TSN: Calm down, can'tcha? I ain't just any bear. Relax. I have a pizza in the oven, so why would I want to eat you? Besizes, I'll bet you'd taste terrible even if I dumped a whole crate of parmesan on you.

Besides, you'd never fit in my oven.

[*Acts innocent.*]

TLE:

Quote: BTW, it still tastes a tad dry.

[*Looks in TLE's glass.*]

Er, TLE? You're supposed to pour something to drink over the dry ice first.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited December 15, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Drat! Muffed a tag anyway.

I must remember: "The Edit Post button is my friend."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited December 15, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Offhand, I can think of at least six women who are registered here, posting w/ varying degrees of frequency...

------------------
"It's like LSD refined into HTML form."
-Simon Sizer, regarding superbad.com, 12-Dec-2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps