Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » December 22, 2000 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: December 22, 2000
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The popes choose their names, yes. But, then, they're elected. Monarchs tend to use the names they were given by their parents, but, since they were born into royalty, they already tend to end up w/ names of previous monarchs.

------------------
8164 7644 8724 6991+360 8164 8724 6541 8164 7239

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn my memory, who was the King o' England that answered the newspaper ad in Germany??

------------------

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, sorry it took so long, but the boy was stubborn. He decided to take his sweet time getting out, so the doctors decided to take him. After 72 hours in labor and delivery, a C-section was decided on. So here we go:

Benjamin Alexander Hammond, II (or just plain Alex) was born on December 24, 2000 at 14:05. He was 9 lbs. and 3 oz. and 20 inches.

When I get pictures, I'll post one up. Happy Holidays!

------------------
I looked at my son, and said, "My god, he's hung like a bear."
"That's the umbillical cord, Mr. Williams."

-Robin Williams, "A Night at the Met" 1986

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, may he live to be a President of the United States in an uncontested run for the White House.

and may your stresses be few.

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Ben.

That's the same date as my Birthday. As of 9:45am, December 24, 2000, I am officially 23 years old.

And last year, a co-worker had a son on the 24th as well.......

You're lucky Ben. At least you can save some money giving presents to your kid. At least that's what happened to me.....

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nine pounds? No wonder he couldn't get out. I'm thinking the Caesarean might have been a good idea from the start (though, after three days, it probably didn't make much difference, anyway...). :-)

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So WE can't talk because all our monarchs have the same names? That's a bit much coming from a bunch who just chose their second president called George Bush. But of course he's put a 'W' in his name so that's different. And of course you didn't actually choose him. . . heh heh, flameboard ahoy!

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

We also had two John Adamses, but the second one had a "Quincy" in there...

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn! Forgot the Adamses! Although that actually reinforces my point. Were they related? More to the point, were they related to any governors of key states (sorry, couldn't resist that)?

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were Father and Son. Sort of like what we have now.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the two Roosevelts and the two Johnsons were also related, albeit somewhat more distantly.

Ben, may your progeny be physically strong, mentally gifted, ambitious, and lucky.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited December 27, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps