Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The sounds you are hearing are the death of all that is good and innocent. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The sounds you are hearing are the death of all that is good and innocent.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I always figured Galvatron in Series ? was the insane post-movie Galvatron, voiced by Frank Welker.

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Frank Welker actually does voices other than animals? Wow.

------------------
Chickety china, the chinese chicken, you have?

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you kidding me?

Off the top of my head, he was Fred from Scooby-Doo, Megatron/Galvatron from Transformers, and Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget. There are no doubt many many others, but I'm not in trivia mode right now.

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but as much as I loved my Transformers, and MASK, I love the new generation of cartoons. The Voice actors are that much better (Sorry, but thundercats sucked in that department. No emotion). The animation is a lot more fluid (Sorry, Superfriends). Besides, the creators make cartoons now that appeal to kids (cuteness Powerpuff girls) with subtle humor that adults get (obscure references to Star Trek, Star Wars, Transformers, Monty Python, etc.) People make cartoons now for everybody, not just kids anymore.

Other shows that did that:
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Simpsons
Dragonballs!

------------------
Though it will go without saying ten minutes into these preceedings, View Askew would like to state that this film is - from start to finish - a work of comedic fantasy, not to be taken seriously. To insist that any of what follows is insensitive or inflammatory is to miss our intentions and pass undue judgement, and passing judgement is reserved for God and God alone (this goes for you film critics too...) Just Kidding
So please, before you think about hurting someone over this trifle of a film, remember God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus. Thank you and enjoy the show.
P.S. We sincerely apologize to all platypus enthusiasts out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the platypus. We at View Askew respect the noble platypus and it is not our intention to slight these stupid creatures in any way. Thank you and enjoy the show.

-View Askew disclaimer "DOGMA"

Saiyanman Benjita's Dragonball Page

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great cartoons that I moved heaven and earth to get home and watch when I were but a nipper:

He-Man in ITV - oh how I suffered mild strokes when they changed the day it was on from Mona day to Tuesday, and then to Friday!! I mean, Jesus...

Dangermouse which was a bit wierd, one must admit, and Count Duckula, which actually scared me sometimes; both on ITV.

Some Marshal somthingorother - Marshal Bravestar, I think - that was set in the future on New Texas. He had four different Red Indian ability-enhancing incantations, and had a robot horse called "30/30" (!) that could talk and fire a massive gun. I always used to miss it as I had piano lessons at that exact time on Mondays. Shown on BBC.

Defenders Of The Earth - need I say more!? Brilliant, simply enthralling for a youngster. Didn't have a clue who Flash Gordon was, but soon learned.

Gargoyles - I'd watch it if it was on now

Pinky and The Brain - enough said. Priceless and cutting edge. Singularly the best thing that hte Animaniacs ever spewed forth.

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited January 30, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grr. *mutters* No-good gas-cloud posting ahead of me with his stupid rapid-posting fingers.

Responding to Mr Benjita: With all due respect, sir, the original cartoons from the twenties up until the late sixties were watched by adults, in cinemas even! The Looney Toons was a great example of pioneering "kids+adults" humour.
THEN, somewhere along the line, it became politically incorrect for adults to watch cartoons willingly. During the 90's, adult-likeable cartoons have been reinstituted somewhat, which is great.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited January 30, 2001).]

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you're right. I neglected to mention those cartoons. Probably because of the "Transformers, etc" target audience that is in this thread. Looney Toons/similar cartoons is an excellent example of such humor.

My apologies to those cartoons. I simply put the 90's equivalent.

------------------
Though it will go without saying ten minutes into these preceedings, View Askew would like to state that this film is - from start to finish - a work of comedic fantasy, not to be taken seriously. To insist that any of what follows is insensitive or inflammatory is to miss our intentions and pass undue judgement, and passing judgement is reserved for God and God alone (this goes for you film critics too...) Just Kidding
So please, before you think about hurting someone over this trifle of a film, remember God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus. Thank you and enjoy the show.
P.S. We sincerely apologize to all platypus enthusiasts out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the platypus. We at View Askew respect the noble platypus and it is not our intention to slight these stupid creatures in any way. Thank you and enjoy the show.

-View Askew disclaimer "DOGMA"

Saiyanman Benjita's Dragonball Page

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still get a charge out of Buggs and all the loney 'toons, Dangermouse is one of the all time greats, and I've only seen a few of them, wish we still got them. and Mojo Jojo rules! I don't watch the girls all the time, but if I see Mojo on the screen while channel surfing, I must stop and watch. I didn't watch any of the newer cartoons in the 80's. Imagine my surprise, after watching Scoobie in the early years, and then 'tooning in a few years later and finding Crappy Doo getting all the best lines. Velma and Shaggy should have used protection, condums were created for a reason.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this on the page as well, Bruce has a sence of humor, at least.

From Sci-Fi

quote:

Tron star Bruce Boxleitner told the Eon magazine Web site that he'd be willing to appear in the proposed sequel, Tron 2.0. "[Director] Steven [Lisberger is] doing a script. I hope he remembers his old buddies," he said. "I could be old Tron! I don't know. I read the premise of the plot, and it doesn't even involve the old cast. ... Personally, I think they should get a guy that looks like Bill Gates."

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dexter's Lab is one of the greatest cartoons ever. I wish it had been on when I was a little supergenius growing up in the back hills of Appalachian Pennsylvania. I needed a cartoon role model more like myself. Sure, you could look up to Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, and Clark Kent, but in the end, they had SUPER powers that the ordinary highly-intelligent-yet-hopelessly-awkward-and-scrawny kid could never hope to match.

But DEXTER! Dexter cries out to the world in his thickly accented voice the one phrase that ALL braniacs secretly wish to shout at the top of their lungs: "You are STOOpid! You are STOOpid!"

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Dexter's Laboratory is better then Powerpuff Girls, but they both kick ass. Just great cartoons all around.

(I just love saying "Laboratory" in Dexter's accent)

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never actually seen an entire episode of Powerpuff Girls, but I have to agree that Dexter's Laboratory is the shit.

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank Welker is a machine, the biggest in the world. (Well, second biggest after Mr Sizer).

Hang on, the episodes are 11 minutes long, and you've never seen one. Sheesh, how short ARE kids attention spans these days?

The people who don't like the PPG, why? Is it because they are girls? Is it because of the cuteness? Is it because they are cartoons? Or it is because you don't find it funny?

Because if it's one of the first three, then please, to quote Cordellia, "HOW superficial?" Don't claim that you'd be ashamed to be caught watching it. You watch STAR TREK for crying out loud. You have already lost pretty much every cool point you ever had. I'd much rather watch a new episode of PPG or Dexter's Lab than a new ep of Voyager.

If you don't watch it because you don't find it funny, then I am unable to help you. I suggest taking a short walk to your local hospital, and asking if they do humour injections.

OS: You are talking about Bravestar. A series with earily similar animation to He-Man (ie, bad). A uni mate of mine occasionally channels Bravestar when he's drunk, and shouts out "Speed of the Puma!" at strange moments. Still not as good as Dexter's, PPG, or Johnny Bravo. Shit, Cartoon Network has the best shows.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, even I've seen Powerpuff Girls. I watch it during the ad breaks for Sabrina the Teenage Witch (my secret addiction).

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When, oh when did I become
  • A NO-GOOD gas cloud!? Why if it wasn't for me, who knows what would have happened back then. You all know what I mean.

• OS? Operating System?!?!?! Don't you remember what happened the last time?

------------------
    "Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited January 31, 2001).]

•   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps