Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Damn those students, damn them to hell! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Damn those students, damn them to hell!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd probably need a break, otherwise you'd just knocker yourself out. Unless your stamina is as legendary as a certain person who shall remain named, and the name shall be "Simon".

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once had a pastor named Pastor Bob.... he told my Confirmation class that when it comes to arousal, "women are like crockpots and need time to simmer and let it all build up. Men are like microwaves and are ready to zap it anytime, any place, and very quickly."

He also told me that because I was in Band, I was going to go to Hell. And he told my band teacher that too.

He's not my pastor anymore.... I didn't much like him.

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all that everyone. I was in an Irish pub last night, (about as Irish as you can get in Bristol anyway), so there were plenty of lewd Irish chanties and plenty of dancing about in there, and I could just about make out the reciting of some statistical thermodynamics theories after several jars.

Friday and Saturday have been designated my birthday drinking days too:

Friday, a crawl down a two mile stretch of road notorious for its cocktail bars and loose women

Saturday, a couple of bars and onto a club notorious for its loose women.

So knock back the drinks everyone, get some mindless casual sex, IT'S PARTY TIME!

------------------
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent idea, Orion. And Happy Anniversary of Your Birth - may you survive to witness many more of your planet's solar cycles.

I wish I had the will to go on a bender like that. I've been off the beer (along with everything else) for 15 days now, and I'm pissed off.
Went to a nightclub on Monday night. Sober. NEVER AGAIN!! I'm absolutely dying for a cold pint of cider and a few vodkas and orange/Red Bull, but I've saved a fortune overthese last two weeks, so it's not all bad.
Yes it is. I SO want to go on an all-day bender i.e. lectures, dinner, into town, drink.............................club............... .......drink.............gurlz...........supper...home. ........bottles/cans.........bed..............lectures.

*surveys plan* Can't see a flaw, can you? Now I need smoeone to come with me...

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no flaw in the plan at all. Besides, there's 43 days (44 if you count today) of practice left before St Patricks Day.

------------------
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't go to Hell if you're in band.
People in band are ALREADY in Hell.

Yeah, I was in band for nigh on 8 years.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go out far too much these days. I can't afford it. Which is actually kinda worrying considering how much I make now. Last time I was out was Saturday, actually. Didn't intend to be after Friday (which is another story), but I was on Tottenham Court Road buying expensive Egyptian cotton sheets from Habitat, when I get this call from a friend of mine who's in a pub on Euston Road, drowning her sorrows. Been there all day, in fact. Not good. She's split up from her BF but they're still living together until he finds a place, and it's driving her to drink (well, to drink even more than she does normally). So I pop round there (it was an O'Neils, and had a Guinness-sponsored countdown chart to St. Patrick's Day, which is what reminded me of this story), find her much the worse for wear, so we have a few drinks, then go to a really nice restaurant in Soho. It was a good evening.

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St. Paddy's? Oops, I'd actually forgotten about that. And besides, I've got Rag Week, the IPSA Conference and my project to contend with in the meantime.

Through a haze of beer-bloody eyes...

------------------

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

Aah yes, O'Neills. I've had many a good night out there. They do however seem to have this policy of only employing people with Irish accents, at least at the Bristol one anyway. I've been served by countless different bar men and women in that place and everyone of them seems to have an Irish accent. Is it the same everywhere else? (apart from in Ireland where you'd probably expect them to have Irish accents)

GA: I do sympathise. I'm facing this too, having just handed my dissertation this Monday gone. The timing was good anyway with my birthday falling two days after hand in date. I'm taking this week off which is why I'm going out on these benders. Today and Saturday we'll all be going out. Sunday, 11am, we'll be playing football whilst recovering from the hangover caused by the previous two days. Then Monday, it'll be back to the grindstone and no more serious drinking until at least the exams have finished in June.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited February 02, 2001).]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

You know, Orion, that's very wierd what you said about da football - I got hammered drunk last night (A pound a pint!), and some of us took on the postgrads in our department in indoor soccer. Oh my head. And I haven't eaten properly yet. Oooh.
ANd I normally never play sports.

There are a ton of very different Irish accents, the worst ones being the "Munster Whine" prevalent in Clare, Cork and Kerry and the "Knacker"/"Mink", which is very common in Dublin.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps