Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The truth is in there... the HIDDEN errors in Windows! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The truth is in there... the HIDDEN errors in Windows!
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eyes are actually watering, and my sides are really sore from trying to stop bursting laughing.

Effing brilliant.

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on a roll, managed to uncover two more

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

[This message has been edited by The_Evil_Lord (edited February 05, 2001).]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suddenly, i'm afraid to fly now...

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, waiting for the system shut shutdown while rebooting, while falling 40,000 feet kinda sucks...

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of these are great, but that airport one is fucking hilerous.

------------------
"You win again gravity" - Capt Zap Brannigan.
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol Ritten. "Omigodomigodomigod, NOOOO, I said NO memory-check, just get IN THERE AGAIN!!!!!"

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are classic! I've actually received that "keyboard not found, press F1 to continue." message. It was proof of microsoft brilliance.

Oh, and that last picture of the airport reader board with the fatal error on it... as funny as it is I have to point out the departure schedule has nothing to do with the airplanes, thus it crashing would, at worst, leave some helpless as to what airplane is at what gate and when they are expected to leave.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, and beside, the onboard computer is probably a more reliable operating system....

------------------

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as we're being charitable, the keyboard error is not a Microsoft invention, and does, or did at one point, serve a purpose.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did once see a cashpoint, in the Eurostar terminal at the Gare du Midi in Brussels, showing a Windows NT blue screen of death. . .

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time I've seen the keyboard error was during startup, not in Windows, or even MS-DOS.

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I knew what was used onboard aicraft...commercial aircraft, that is. I suspect it would be a specialized version of unix or something similar.
Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was at the hospital w/ J&S, the monitors in post op was Hewlitt Packard.

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Antag, I have emailed Boeing and asked, hopefully they'll reply tomorrow.

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have received the "keyboard error", yet it says press any key to continue. No mouse button to click on, pah......

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps