Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The truth is in there... the HIDDEN errors in Windows! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The truth is in there... the HIDDEN errors in Windows!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my reply from Boeing:::

Subject: FW: Aircraft Operating Systems
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:24:25 -0800
To: Ritten

Ritten,
Our airplane computers are specially designed operating systems, avionics, systems, etc. However, inflight entertainment systems use Windows.

Manager, Historian
Boeing Historical Services
425-865-3798

> ----------
> From: Ritten
> Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 10:09 PM
> To: michael j lombardi
> Subject: Aircraft Operating Systems
>
> Mr. Lombardi,
> I was curious as to what types of operating systems have been used on commercial aircraft
> computers, and whether today's systems were based on a Unix or Windows type of system.
> Thank You
>Ritten

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least they aren't foolish enough to rely on any M$ product for the systems that really matter... the worst thing that could happen would be a complete loss of inflight entertainment, and subsequently a passenger riot over the sudden appearance of 400 BSoD's

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aye. Thanks for emailing Boeing to answer my question, Ritten.

I once lost my MCDonalds order to a Windows OS. Apparently the local MD's uses a Win OS and it crashed, wiping all of the orders that were recently made. I complained, but the manager was a soupnazi or somehting, and told me they had no computer record of my order (well no shit!) and I had no receipt (they NEVER give you one!).

Of course what could I expect from a place with a small sign near the sanitization sink that says "Employees: Washing hands is optional but suggested by the Department of Health."

------------------
A wise man once said:
"The most dangerous man is the one with nothing more to lose."
Obviously the wise man didn't consider that a man with everything to lose could be equally as dangerous.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps