Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Congratulations to Vogon Poet... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Congratulations to Vogon Poet...
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AKA Lee Kelly/USS Coyote/The First One, for fooling us for so long.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I picked up a magic 8-ball the other day and it said 'Outlook not so good.' I said 'Sure, but Microsoft still ships it.'" - ancient proverb

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had me completely fooled.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Lord God.

I = Blind.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah!

I had no clue!

And when did he come out?

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was pretty obvious in some places ... I think I was first to guess correctly, a couple of months ago.

So Vogon, er Lee, er uhm, will you still continue to post?

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

"Being a liberal is one of the most gutless choices you can make. It doesn't require you to think, it only requires you to feel." - Rush Limbaugh

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Lee Kelley?

Should I run and hide for asking?

------------------
Awww...He ate my cookie!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee used to be an administrator around here. However, there were some unfortunate disagreements which resulted in his leaving.

And I didn't realize it was he. But, then, I never thought about it.

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd have to be pretty paranoid to think that every new member just might or might not be an "old hand."

Then again...
There's
"Great Idea!!!" Darkstar

------------------
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'm not paranoid at all. It was a few things that I witnessed that I've seen Lee do...

Like calling Omega Omeychops?

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

"Being a liberal is one of the most gutless choices you can make. It doesn't require you to think, it only requires you to feel." - Rush Limbaugh

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He called me Magnachops once.

I didn't pick it up. *sniff*

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then there was the fit he threw about spoilers up in Starships. And of course, Lee's trademark emoticon "8)"

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*starts laughing*

I've had a lot of fun. It's been a constant source of amazement - and hilarity - how many hints you guys missed. The people in the know (not telling, up to them to reveal themselves if they want) would come to me daily and say "I can't believe they didn't spot THAT one!" And really I'd have to agree with them.

So do I stay here? Up to you lot - although really now there's the question of whether you're mentally competent to make such a decision! Just to be clear, this is a JOKE? OK? Look! A Lee smiley! I mean,come on, who else ever used this smiley? 8)

You see, regardless of the circumstances under which I left, I did so because I didn't enjoy it here anymore. I went out and got a life. Or at least improved the one I have. But I missed you all - yes, even Frank. So I came back under my own terms.

So, there. I'm still me. I'm always going to be horrible to idiots like that Wes guy. But you do need me here, every Eden has its serpent. I'm here to show you a world without rules or controls, borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you. }B)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew. Then again, I never knew the other names either.

*has done something similar before but without as nice a reaction*

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just in my Andromeda thread in Gen Sci-Fi and saw that you called me Ed, and used the 8), in it. That was my first clue.

Idea: he's a founder, and goes back to the begining with this crew.

quote:

He called me Magnachops once.

That should have been a dead giveaway!

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I for one would love to see you stay, Lee, now that I know that you've been here for a while.

------------------
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps