Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Congratulations to Vogon Poet... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Congratulations to Vogon Poet...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Lee! Please stay! Show us what Matrix 2 is!!!!!

But seriously, The Forums have been pretty dull without Lee around... It only got better when he showed up as Vogon, so continue!

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

"Being a liberal is one of the most gutless choices you can make. It doesn't require you to think, it only requires you to feel." - Rush Limbaugh

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see it as no harm no foul. Why would we not want you here just cause he have a different handle and you didn't tell use out right. So what you didn't try to cause any trouble and that is all I have to say about it. Also I never had a chance to pick up on it, I don't know lee well enough and I'm not one to look for trademark stuff.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me: So, since I'm sure someone will kill me if I don't ask... do you think you'll ever come back?

Lee: How do you know I haven't already? 8)

From my interview for the timeline. I always wondered what he meant by that...

So, you gonna keep going by Voggie, Lee, or will you reclaim The First One, if at all possible?

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible, yes... likely, no. *shrug*

------------------
"Babies are squirmy, ugly, dirty, smelly, and noisy. They'd offend all five of my senses if I had any reason to lick one..."
-- TSN, 2001.01.11 23:27, PhoenixChat

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea. I did notice the smileys but didn't give it much thought. And "welcome back" would be a little redundant.

Oh, and you're not the serpent around here at all.

------------------
"Censoring the Internet is like putting a toll booth at the bottom of the ocean."

--Celia Pearce, The Interactive Book

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen other people use 8) before so assuming I did know before, I still wouldn't have picked up on it. At least you guys aren't anal retentive bastards on this unlike other boards *coughs*TrekBBS*coughs*

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited February 12, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see. . . can I still post?

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing. I can.

I have many names. USS Coyote, aka the Old Dog, believed to be Akira-class, NCC-70970, had a long and distinguished career before chasing one too many parked cars (despite his occasional reappearances, Marie Celeste-like, at TNO and the UP3 Forum). The First One has gone beyond the rim and will not return - and besides, one First round here is enough, bear in mind I was the First First (at least by seniority, couldn't tell you who chose their name well, first - me or Mr. Farquar?). I experimented with Don Coyote at Chris's TGL Forums. Those who remember the Risa Beach chat will recall my appearances as "An Unkindness of Ravens" and "The Anticipation of a New Lover's Arrival" (shame no-one else then around was a Banks fan and would get the latter). There are many others which even I can't remember, such as a part-ownership of Adam's Vorlon Speak. . . But what's in a name? Vogon Poet I shall remain.

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so what did it finally take for you to work it out? Some of the references were absolutely blatant. If someone had seen his profile, although I'm sure some of you probably did and didn't catch on, you MAY have worked it out

I'd disappeared from the forums for almost a year posting only occasionally, because it just wasn't fun any more. On my semi-regular return about two weeks ago, I was convinced that you'd found him out after seeing some of the references. I almost called him Lee then but decided not to just in case he was still playing with all your minds.

I wasn't gonna stick around for much longer, but I may do now, just to see how this one pans out.

*L* I just met up with Monty yesterday and was telling him about all this and how still after all this time and all those hints (admissions would be more accurate), still no-one had worked it out. I hadn't seen this thread yet obviously, but I suppose in a way it is comforting to know that in the worlds most powerful country, there are still some observant people out there.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #2

That's not a real fucking gun! - John Lennon

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited February 12, 2001).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I noticed his smilies too, just thought anyone could use them, and not just Lee.

But I could still be stupid.

So, more Capcoms, Lee? I miss em already, *sniff*

Oh, and Welcome Back, Lee, although it is kinda too late for that......

BTW: How did you come up with the name "Vogon Poet"?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went back and read the original "Shut up, Chakotay!" contest thread. He capitalized the word "Coyote" several times, and made a joke about not being able to make a deductive leap. Clever, clever, clever. How could I not see it?

Welcome back, Lee.

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the profile.

quote:

L* I just met up with Monty yesterday

If anyone sees him, tell him to stop in and say hi, or send me an e-mial at

[email protected]

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited February 12, 2001).]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ on a bike going soft around the bends

I go for two days, and look what happens.

TWO WHOLE DAYS!!

I missed a full bloody flamewar the last time I was away. That's it. I'm never leaving here again.

Ever.

*shambles towards everyone*

You're all my friends now. *dribbles*

And welcome back into the fold, Laton. Or should that be Rubra? Don't worry, the Edenists are a forgiving sort. Even our founder, Wing-Tist Chong, has a wry sense of humour. Embrace us. As you really are.

Yes, I am fucked. Fucked tired.

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna: "Vorgon Poet" is probably a reference to a character in the first and second episodes of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio drama.
Apparantly, besides demolishing the Earth to make way for a Hyperspace Bypass, they also write the worst poetry in the galaxy.

------------------
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having seen the "8)" smiley elsewhere, I'd ignored that.

And I don't think I ever even saw him use the "-chops" suffix. 'Course, if it was, say, in the Flameboard, I skip about 75% of the posts there, anyway... *L*

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps