Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » George W's First Night (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: George W's First Night
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the unlikely event he gets re-elected (Bushes don't seem to be good at that part).

Pardon, but isn't G.W., like, the only governer in the entire history of Texas to get re-elected?

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, speaking of which, shouldn't he be serving out his term?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe I speak for Sol when I say:

"I'm cursed with this terrible gift. Nobody can even come close to pleasing my manhood."

And, more relevent:

"[Insert obscure reference here] Camper van Beethoven [Something about something that no one understands] My Large [Pun] only one [pun] to be seemingly [confusing literary reference for those of who can't read] while still [pun] and stuff. So, keep it civil."

MORAL: ALL YOUR THREAD ARE BELONG TO CIVIL.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited February 20, 2001).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Camper. It's a joke. Camper van. Get it?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I picked up a magic 8-ball the other day and it said 'Outlook not so good.' I said 'Sure, but Microsoft still ships it.'" - ancient proverb

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, what are you talking about there, Frankariffic?

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*GROAN*

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just explaining things.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I picked up a magic 8-ball the other day and it said 'Outlook not so good.' I said 'Sure, but Microsoft still ships it.'" - ancient proverb

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming up next on the Paramount Comedy Channel: Frank Explains It All. 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It won't be half as scary as his follow-up series, Frank the teenage Witch.

I did like how Voggy posted about how everytime someone posts something even slightly humerous that degrades the Republicans, someone self-rightiously leaps to their defence in an oh-so-serious manner, because what did Omega do right after the post? Leap to Bush's defence. He's as predictable as a broken watch.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Right After" generally isn't FIVE DAYS. Check your time-date stamp, Bulldog.

_I_, on the other hand, posted a non-defensive, but still funny (funnier, IMHO), 'retaliatory' joke MUCH quicker.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoaaaa...settle down there, Aloysius. He din't mean t'gets ya all riled up like that. Probably didn't realize he wasn't talking about Sol's recently-acquired "penile resupply areas"...

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

Omega
Member # 91

what did Omega do right after the post? Leap to Bush's defence.

Leap to his defence? All I did was point out a factual error. I do that.

------------------
Disclaimer:
- `OverTheEdge'

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahem.

I believe the comment about re-election was directed at Dubya's father's failure to be elected for a second term as President of the United States, and not at junior's success in gaining re-election in Texas. Although I'm not Texan, so I can't speak for the accuracy of Omega's statement that only Dubya has ever been re-elected.

And, with the election scandal, it's a good bet that Democrats and Liberals are going to turn out en-masse to the voting polls, so George W.'s chances of re-election are very small. Not that it couldn't happen, mind you, but the odds are against him. As it is, the Congress will belong to the Democrats in two years. This would be a good time to discuss this nation's habit of giving the Presidency to one party and the Congress to another, but I do digress.

But, this isn't the Flameboard, so let's either move this to the flameboard, start a new thread, or tell some more jokes.

Here's a joke I like to call "Super Granny!"

An elderly lady did her shopping, and, upon returning to her car, found four men in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags, drew her handgun, and proceeded to scream at them at the top of her voice, "I have a gun and I know how to use it! Get out of the car, you scumbags!"

The four men didn't wait for a second invitation, but got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, proceeded to load her shopping bags in the back of the car and get into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her keys into the ignition. She tried and tried, to no avail.

And then it dawned on her why.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces further down. She loaded her bags into her car and drove to the police station.

The sergeant to whom she told the story nearly tore himself in two with laughter and pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a carjacking by a mad elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 23, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like pie. My favorites are apple and cherry. I also like the ladies. Mm-hmm.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U R A turnip.

How do you like them apples?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a turnip.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps