Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Earn your UK passports here! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Earn your UK passports here!
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink a ten cup pitcher of tea a day, strong and sweet. Plain old black poke.
I don't know all the words to the anthem, used to fake it in grade school.
Anybody can burn the flag as far as I'm concerened. It's just a rag, the repulicans get upset about that though, and will put you in jail.
I don't get football, although, if I had got to see more of the last World Cup, I may have gotten hooked, I was begining to understand.

------------------
INSURRECTION

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if I drew a little picture of the "Stars & Stripes", and then tore it up, does that make me a wanted felon in the US?!

------------------
"You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak."

- Chris Morris, Brass Eye

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ID: you have their posters on your wall, right? 8)

------------------
"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things!" - Silent Bob

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong. Very, very wrong. And I may never forgive you for even suggesting it.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty, go ahead! Try!

I look through a few answers and wonder why no one seems to consider the U.K. islands part of the U.K.? i.e. Grand Cayman, etc.

So who gets the passports?

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#7 Let's be honest, in a country where some college graduates can't find major nations on a map of the world, knowing any words to our own national anthem is a miracle (comic/chat-show host Jay Leno sometimes does "man on the street" interviews. These are quite depressing. People who handle money all day don't know which president is on which type of bill!)

# 11 Shouldn't that be "motorcar?"

# 15 Irrational distrust of French males yes, but an irrational attraction to French females. {Oooh, Julie Delpy, *sigh*}

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xentrick:
It's just a car. But better motorcar than "au-to-mo-beels".

The UK includes GB and Northern Ireland and most small surrounding islands, eg.Skye, Orkney, Wight, etc.
The Isle of Man has a funny arrangement where they seem to have semi-independence (most amusing!). The channel Islands, Falklands and other assorted bits & pieces are UK territorial possessions, but not actually in the UK. (Much cafuffle when residents ask for UK passports and the government responds by air-dropping vats of red tape.)

For those out of the know:
[url]http://www.ibiza-info.com/newicon/europe_c.gif [/url]
This is Ibiza, never been there, but most my age have for the purposes of drunken escapades and beach orgies.

Oh, and I drew a little USA flag ona bit of paper about 4cm wide. And then I ripped it up cakling "Bwahahaha!". So I guess I'm now a wanted man! LOL!

And I'd arbitrarily set the score for qualification at 15, being kinda generous.

P.S. If you own Harrods, I'm afraid this offer of nationality does not apply to you.

------------------

[This message was edited by Montgomery on May 14, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Montgomery on May 14, 1999.]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Grrr, sodding UBB code.
I'll just offer it up to the Cult of the Postdoubler instead.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, please? I have my sarcophagus picked out and everything.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The G in Mel G stands for Gulzar, but I have a UK, (sees Tony Blair giving him the evil eye) sorry EU passport anyway, so it won't make any difference to me.

In response to number 4, definitely a

Do you want it sir
Do you really really want it sir
Oooohhhhh Suits you sir

------------------
The public is wonderfully tolerant - it forgives everything except Genius.

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on May 17, 1999.]

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double post

------------------
The public is wonderfully tolerant - it forgives everything except Genius.

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on May 17, 1999.]

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*finally gets a chance to peek into this thread and read it over*

I should think more important things would be in the qualification for a UK passport. For instance the difference between biscuits/cookies, crips/potato chips, chips/fries, jumpers/sweaters, trainers/sneakers, hoovering/vacuuming, flat/apartment, tube/subway, tablets/aspirin etc..
If someone could describe how the Parlimentary system worked.
If someone understands British humour and also finds it histerically funny.
If someone has an irrational love of football/soccer (and doesn't find it irrational)
If someone can convert from dollars to pounds, can use Brit currency without blinking an eye and understands what a "quid" is.
If someone likes salt and vinegar crips.
If someone likes bittermints.
If someone can drink a really strong pint of lager, and knows the difference between lager, ale, stout, and bitter.
and the list continues....

Or, in my case, when one can walk into a store, talk to the proprieter, and be MISTAKEN FOR A NATIVE. *grins*
I think I have already won my passport. Thank you.

------------------
19 days and counting........
*HUGE EFFING BIGASS GRIN*
"Never underestimate the light side .......... ...... of duct tape."

[This message was edited by Jubilee McGann on May 17, 1999.]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And automoatically says 'pint of Fosters'

Or for that matter, just says 'Fosters'.

And says 'Ta!' instead of 'thanks'
And instead of saying 'hello' or 'hi' just says 'alright'

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps