Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » .wav editing (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: .wav editing
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O-Kay. . . Yup. I'm a racist. I hate those nigger scum. When I heard that one of them thar blackies was a-lollygaggin' round mah way, helpin' themselves to our laptops, and our women no doubt, well, slap mah thigh, ah wanted to get me a posse o' good ole boys and head on down to the ghetto see if we couldn't have ourselves a necktie party!

Wah, I do declare! One of the people I work with saw the dark-skinned miscreant, spoke to him in fact, and knew that dumb sumbitch was up to no good. She's been in fear of her womanhood ever since. Weren't able to identify the coon, they all look the same don't they?

Or not. In fact, she was really scared to see this guy hanging around outside her office. She had nightmares, and I had to walk her to the Tube station the other day. She's one of my best friends in the world. She's also black.

So don't any of you EVER, EVER, EVER accuse me of racism again, you hear? Jesus Christ, I'm so pissed off I could. . .

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...listen to Hank Williams?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to be pissed off to do that.

Oh right, I'm suppose to be maintaining some sort of stability, aren't I?

Infinity: I count Mr. Poet as a personal friend of mine, and I can say with some reliability that the only people he hates with irrational passion are thosed damned Kushites. (That=joke referencing Biblical archeology.)

Mr. Poet and all others: Let us remember that we have cultivated a very special corner of cyberspace here, one in which jokes that would never fly elsewhere are free to take wing. It should not surprise us when those who are new here, with experience elsewhere that differs from our own, percieve things in ways we had not intended. Let us guide Mr. Infinity and all those like him into a new age of off-color humor and Zero Wing references.

With all that understood, I declare no harm, no foul. Agreed?

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am actually pretty proud of, and happy to be part of, the ethics and moral at this board.
Except for in the flameboard, where people can have so different opinions in difficult topics, most people here seem to agree on the fundamental values of life. Like that sunscreen song!

Sol: Your reputation is solid. (As is also...ahem)

And you give my witty remark too much credit, sometimes a ceegar is just a ceegar.
(Um, Hank Williams, "I'm So Lonesome I could Cry", yaddah-yaddah-yaddah)

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...jokes that would never fly elsewhere are free to take wing."

Zero Wing?

I'm sorry, that was bad. I blame the fact that I didn't make my time.

What's the difference between a big black guy and a regular black guy?

Sizist! No wonder you love Simon!

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Nim
Member # 205

*falsetto* WAWAWA-WAWAWA-WAAAAAH!!!
*bass* DUM-DI-DUM-DI-DUMDUMDI!!

I'm sorry, "The Saint"-theme kind of got away from me. Won't happen again. Promise, I do.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't doing any accusing. I actually caught the "black" and "Turkish" parts as soon as I read the first post. I wasn't going to comment, except that the "Turkish" reference was mentioned.

Though, honestly, it would be interesting to see if you would have said that either of those people was white, if they had been. :-)

------------------
"As part of Mr. Lee's good neighbor policy, all Rat Things are programmed never to break the sound barrier in a populated area. But Fido's in too much of a hurry to worry about the good neighbor policy. Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."
-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it would have been interesting. And you know why? Because Lee's white.

When you look at other people, you tend to notice things that are

1/ different from the norm
2/ different from yourself

If a white person is describing someone he knows to another white friend, and this person is black, he'd say "he's black". If he was white, he wouldn't say "he's white", because it's taken as read. Taking the (not unreasonable assumption) that the majority of people on this board are white males, over 5 foot 7, with brown hair, then describing someone who is black as black is quite fair. As is desribing someone as ginger, tall, or fat.

Come on, when someone new posts, most of you will automatically (whether subconscious or not) think that they are male. Does that make you sexist? No, it just means that you've noticed that there are more men than women on the internet.

I doubt that black people would describe their black friends as black to each other, but they would probably describe their white friends as white.

Being pro-equality doesn't mean pretending that physical differences do not exist. It means that they don't matter.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited March 26, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter. If I were telling the story, I wouldn't even have thought to mention it...

------------------
"As part of Mr. Lee's good neighbor policy, all Rat Things are programmed never to break the sound barrier in a populated area. But Fido's in too much of a hurry to worry about the good neighbor policy. Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."
-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

But that's what I'm saying. You'd have mentioned if he was big. You'd have mentioned if he was ginger. But you wouldn't have mentioned if he was black?

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Current thread 'Ginger' count: 2

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Nim
Member # 205

I have friends who are mulatto or spanish, but I wouldn't think to refer to them differently. They are "friend".

So where draw the line? Comparing colour tones? Curtain samples? Accents? Forget it.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I dunno. I describe one of my friends as a "dirty Welsh bastard", and I get called a "stupid Southern twat" in return.

Besides, "Big black bloke" rolls really well of the tongue.

I = Master Of The Illiteration!

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend - the one who is black - wasn't herself able to give a much better description of him than "big black bloke." Apart from he was wearing a red top. Should I have mentioned that? Because I'm probably more biased against red-top wearers, red not being my colour and all.

Though, come to think of it, my girlfriend was wearing a red top the other night. But not for very long. }B)

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Lee, why don't you just make a video for us so we can all revel in how much you've been getting laid, huh?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps