Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » IE 6 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: IE 6
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to use Netscape, but I got tired of it crashing on certain websites. For reason it'd all the sudden not recognize image link, and nothing would happen if I clicked on a text link.

I currently use IE5.5 which loads fine. Plus with IE you can do a few extras on websites such as changing the scrollbar colors for example.

------------------
"Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try anytime, anywhere." - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got IE 5.5 (with SP1) and it works all fine with that. Most weebsites I look at with Netscape 6.01, it is a lot better than 6.0 and has not crashed yet. Some sites made for IE don't load at all in Netscape 6.01 ...

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because it's sooooo important to be able to change the scrollbar colors, right? *rolls eyes*

------------------
"Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. � Believe in nothing..."
-Tool, �nima

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, it's not important. But an example of some of the stuff you can do. And considering how many sites have been doing it I think it's a nice little customization thing.

------------------
"Anatomically impossible, Mr. Garibaldi, but you're welcome to try anytime, anywhere." - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will test both, to see which one takes up less system resources, I will use the winner.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps