Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » From the Californians. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: From the Californians.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear (the rest of) America,

California ranks 48th in the nation in power consumed per person.

California grows more than half the nation's fruit, nuts and vegetables.

We're keeping them. We need something to eat when the power goes out. We grow 99 percent or more of the nation's almonds, artichokes, dates, figs, kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins and walnuts. Hope you won't miss them.

California is the nation's number one dairy state. We're keeping our dairy products. We'll need plenty of fresh ones since our refrigerators can't be relied upon. Got milk?

We Californians are gonna keep all our high-tech software in state. Silicon Valley is ours, after all. Without enough electricity, which you're apparently keeping for yourselves, we just plain don't have enough software to spare.

We're keeping all our airplanes. California builds a good percentage of the commercial airliners available to fly you people to where you want to go. When yours wear out, you'd better hope Boeing's Washington plant can keep you supplied. There isn't enough electricity here to allow us to build any more planes than we need ourselves. And while we're at it, we're keeping all
our high-tech aerospace stuff, too, like the sophisticated weapons systems that let you sleep at night, not worried you might wake up under the rule of
some foreign kook. Oh, yeah, and if you want to make a long-distance call, remember where the satellite components and tracking systems come from. Maybe you could get back in the habit of writing letters.

Want to see a blockbuster movie this weekend? Come to California. We make them here. Since we'll now have to make them with our own electricity, we're keeping them. Even if we shot them somewhere else, the labs, printing facilities, editing facilities, and sound facilities are all here.

Want some nice domestic wine? We produce over 17 million gallons per year. We'll need it all to drown our sorrows when we think about the fact that no
matter how many California products we export to make the rest of America's lives better, America can't see its way clear to help us out with a little electricity. You can no longer have any of our wine.

You all complain that we don't build enough power plants. Well, you don't grow enough food, write enough software, make enough movies, build enough
airplanes and defense systems or make enough wine.

This is your last warning, America. Lighten (us) up before it's too late.

Love,

The Californians

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blinks*

YEAH? Well you're also the only state in range of China's nukes.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Along with Alaska, but California would probably be the more important target

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking Hawai'i is a little closer than California, too...

------------------
"Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. � Believe in nothing..."
-Tool, �nima

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once half the state falls into the sea, the problem will be solved. Charles will drown, but Simon has his own flotation device. Zyial and Liz, you might want to think about moveing east, plenty of room here in West Virginia.

------------------
Witty Remark

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone REALLY eat almonds, artichokes, dates, figs, kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins or walnuts?

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat oranges, but mine come from Florida.

Really, if it wasn't for the Paramount Studios (which they could rebuild somewhere else), I could pretty much do without California.

Just build the damn plants.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does anyone REALLY eat almonds, artichokes, dates, figs, kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins or walnuts?

Sounds like Muesli to me. 8)

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, there is much mis-infornation about my Golden State out there...

------------------
The negotiations have failed. Shoot him!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Mueslix? Does anybody OUTSIDE of California eat that crap?

And WALNUTS??? I've got more walnuts falling off trees in my backyard than I know what to do with! Are you telling me that that's a cash crop?

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 6:20 here, I'm eating a glass of muesli with milk. It's nutty and has raisins, very tasty when softened up by the milk after 30 sec.
I stopped eating "Kellogg's" a long time ago.
Couldn't stand the man anyway, what with his pathetic motives for promoting cereal. He was probably nazi as well, not one black kid among those he adopted.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really could care less about the power problem in California for now, I live in Los Angeles County where my power is supplied by DWP, not Edison or PCG.

Yay DWP!!!

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For REAL. Eat death and die California. I happen to live in Florida where it seems the real action is. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alpen is definitely the best Muesli on the market; unfortunately it's also very fattening - all that sugar and milk powder.

------------------
"Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the crew!"

- Zapp Brannigan

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark eats "Alpen". Personally i'd rather eat horse feed for all the taste IT has...

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps