Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Why curry should be illegal! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Why curry should be illegal!
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The border areas are crazy - they have to eat those to toughen them up. I don't eat take out curries too much, but when I do, I usually prefer the Korai curries. I've never tried Dupiaza curries - I'll have a go next time, see what they're actually like.

Liam: Oh, so it's those rich kids who hate Bhoonas. I usually ignore them. We get the rich Southerners here in Bristol, Mummy and Daddy bought them a Ferrari the day before, but they were really despondent because they wanted a Porsche - those kind of people. They usually go to Bristol Uni and are Oxford rejects. They're always good for a laugh - to laugh at I mean.

Our varsity rugby, football and boat races are good fun too for the chants we usually sing and piss them off with. "You can stick your daddy's money up your arse" "Oxford Rejects" etc etc.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #9

Who let that fucking woman drive? - Captain of Space Shuttle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having some probs remembering what's distinctive about Bhunas. I nearly made one last night, but it looked quite dry and we were really in the mood for a bit of sauce, preferably one involving coconut milk. Nearly went for a Thai red or green curry, but in the end found a recipe of Indian origin, not sure what it was. . .

------------------
Phasers

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's pretty conclusive, the ayes to the right have it by several hundred votes.

THE CURRY IS VICTORIOUS!

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #10

Where's all that fucking water coming from? - Captain of Titanic

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited May 11, 2001).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strewth. Too right.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The variety of Bhoona spellings is worse than translations of anime names.

I should also point out that I actually meant Kormas, not Bhoonas. Please shoot me.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just have to check chapter 341 of the curry book of god to make sure its acceptable. But sure, I'll be happy to blow your head off.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say it's 'Bhuna.' And you meant Kormas anyway?! I agree, those are useless. I had one once, there was some reason, I had a mouth ulcer or something. It was awful.

------------------
Phasers

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've made it my mission to explore the different dishes of Asia/India. I'll start searching for Dopiazza.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

Oh Kormas, yeah, I don't like them much either but that's because they're too mild, nothing to do with the Northern mantra that only poofs eat Kormas (no offence to the gays on the forums, I was just quoting others). I tried a Pasanda once though which is very similar to a Korma, and it was vile. I never went near one again.

I think the northerners just like to prove to everyone else that they're REALLY hard, so by eating Vindaloos and Phaals, they're suddenly mens men. In our house, weve just spent a whole year taking the piss out of Yorkshire and everything in it, especially Leeds. You'd be surprised just how much there is in Leeds to take the piss out of - almost as much as Wales.

------------------

Lee
Member # 393

My girlfriend loves Pasandas - can't see why. Although a curry or chili that my flatmate and I would think of as mild is too hot for her. And the chili she made the other night was, well, my spaghetti bolognaise is spicier than that! I added enough Tabasco for an entire season of "Roswell High."

------------------
Phasers

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

That just depends on an individuals own palate doesn't it. I can't stand the mild and creamy curries, but some people eat them because even a normal medium curry would have them sitting on the toilet for the next two weeks.

I personally don't like food that's too hot and spicy but I don't like mild stuff either. I prefer curries that are about Madras heat and spiciness. Stick some vegetables in there too, and you've got a perfect curry.

------------------

Lee
Member # 393

This is probably why I like Thai and Indonesian curries. . . you get the spiciness, but you can also have the lovely creamy sauce as well (made of coconut milk in this instance). Of course, not all the dishes have the sauce, the chicken with cashew nuts I had last night didn't.

------------------
Phasers

Orion Syndicate
Member # 25

I've never tried Thai and Indonesian food actually - is it good then?

Some curries are usually pretty dry - the Bhoona, which we were discussing earlier is supposed to be a pretty dry curry, although it depends on the individual chef as to how stringently they follow this.

------------------

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Of course! Lager! The only thing that can kill a curry!"

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Lee
Member # 393

Well, find some Thai/Indonesian restaurants in Bristol, and the next time I'm down there you, me and Monty will hit one of them. 8)

------------------
Phasers

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps