Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Offroad - BUGGER THE WORLD! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Offroad - BUGGER THE WORLD!
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pondered whether I should post these, but then I tought 'bugger it!'. Inspired by Jeff's religion post

Some pictures of a recent 4wd trip I went on. Heaps of fun.

Take a look & post yer own.

Pic 1: Me in drivers seat, with back seat matey Damian.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p1.jpg

Pic 2: A view of the bunyip state forest. Albeit of one valley only. There's a nasty track on the left had side which we had to conquer.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p2.jpg

Pic 3: A rather nasty bog hole. Me & my pajero conquering it.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p3.jpg

Pic 4: My friend Leeham had his Toyoto landcruiser stuck in a bog. Totally buried, up to the bumpers (he's got a 2inch lift kit on, so that's a DEEP hole).
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p4.jpg

Pic 5: Same bog, different view.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p5.jpg

Pic 6: It's nice & green. Gee I love the Australian desert.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p6.jpg

Pic 7: Giving Leeham encouragement for getting stuck.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p7.jpg

Pic 8: Turning the car on a steep hill, and running out of articulation whilst doing it. Oh yeah, I was sticking out my tongue to guage air temp..or something.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p8.jpg

Pic 9: Leehams cruiser coming through a bog which I'd just done.
http://solareclipse.net/Channel/p9.jpg

Some vehicle specs may be in order for those who care:

Mistubishi Pajero 1990, GLS.
3.0 L V6
Full HI/Lo capability (1.9/1, low / high)
Front / Rear LSD
All Terrain Tyres

Psychotic driver.

Nuff said.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited May 01, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, my parents had a Shogun (or Pajero as they're known to everyone else) when they lived in Pakistan. They loved it.

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a Jeep, that Pajero.

But methinks it's got the spirit of a Jeep. Too bad you can't take the doors off

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's why people say Daryus looks like Jeff Goldblum...

And, yes, this is, in fact, the first time I've seen a picture of him. Someone left me out of the loop in the past, apparently...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks that first picture is primo capcom material...

------------------
"I�ll never fall in the arms of someone sincere
I fall just the same
And like before, it's just too hard."
---Kim Leaman, "Sincere"

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or prime "Interrogation" material.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That forest pic, #2, looks much like the area I live in.

------------------
Witty Remark

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Mitsubishi Pajero is known as the Mitsubishi Montero in America.

At least you're not trying this with a Pajero Mini...then I'd be forced to laugh.

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first music teacher was named Victor Montero. Hmmm...

Where lies Bunyip, pray tell? I heard the name in "Charmed" but it didn't help. I love the word...

My next movie, "Take me to Bunyip!"

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK: Speaking of Jeeps, we (as in my erstwhile family) just recently got a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Grand Laredo. Cost? $28,000 bucks.

She's a beauty. So, we know about "It's a Jeep thing" here.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT's Daryus? Not at all how I imagined.

So let me get this straight. My future White House chief of staff is an Indian-Australian bartender that looks like Jeff Goldbloom?

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was expectin' a white dude with a "Mic Dundee" hat myself.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, that was rather a big smile. Yes, that's me. Now a Pajero mini would be interesting, with a big set of tyres and some diff lockers it would do it. Though not with the same charisma. Speaking of which, the spirit of Jeep is holy. But if anyone mentions the word grandaddy...I'll be peeved.

This Jeff Golblum thing...are you sure? I'm nowhere near as lanky!

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should borrow my uncle's four-wheel-drive Chevette sometime and go for a spin... (you heard me - four-wheel-drive Chevette )

------------------
"Of course I'm paranoid! Everyone's trying to kill me."
- Weyoun, "Treachery, Faith, and the Great River"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus: It's just the face. And not even that, so much. I never would have thought of it if I hadn't heard others say it before.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps