Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm a free man!! But......for how long? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm a free man!! But......for how long?
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, okay. I didn't really know the divisions between "experimental," "theoretical," and "applied" in the world of physics.

------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just finished my exams too! I now have three weeks of being in halls, doing absolutly sod all. And getting drunk. And going to Alton Towers! Yay!

On the downside, I have exactly �110 left of my overdraft to spend. I might have to *sob* sell some Transformers.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PsyLiam, so if you're going to get drunk and going to Alton Towers, you have something to do.

Transformers! Oh wow! I didn't know anyone still had those! No one I knew or now know every bothered with them. Mine are up in my loft. Don't sell them, the originals may be worth a few ��� in a couple of years - could make you rich (well, kind of).

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The originals ARE worth quite a bit nowadays, I'd imagine.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm a free man no longer.

I started work today. Unfortunately my alarm didn't go off, and I got up 2 hours late. I was on my way to work when the HR woman rang up to bitch at me about being late. I arrived at work at 10:30 am( supposed to be in at 08:30), by which time the HR woman had calmed down and was actually very amiable. They gave me a cubicle with a PC and phone (all to myself w00t!!), but my PC account isn't active yet so I spent the whole day reading up on Unix and parallel computing, which was rather boring. Still, I think I'll enjoy working there.

------------------
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"
Samuel Adams

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Is that �110 of your interest free overdraft or the whole thing, interest 'n all. I've got �300 quid left, out of which I've got to survive for another two weeks until my final exam, I've got to pay �185 rent for June and finance the end of exams/final year sloshfests - which should last about three-four weeks. I wasn't going to go over my interest free limit, but I suppose I'll have to. I'll sell most of my books aswell - I wanted to do a NAZI style book burning at the end to celebrate the end, but I suppose I'll have to forego the pleasure.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #10

Where's all that fucking water coming from? - Captain of Titanic

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting tax back from the US for last summer, and not a moment too soon! I've to pay �320 up front for this new place I'm going into, and I want (OK, need!)to buy a guitar tuner as well, and I suppose eating is a bit of a necessity, all thing considered.

The amount of money I've pissed down the urinals in the King's Head, Cuba, and the College Bar...oy.

Jamie: Ouch.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps