Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Mod Powers

Author Topic: Mod Powers
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't Mods change thread titles here. I know Chuckie keeps one of the newer versions of ubb going, and I know we have an older version at the Slipstream, and I can change titles, through the control panal, and still can't do anything else, so I know it's possible.

------------------
yes, I'm very dutrnk at the moment, and i'm doing my type to best so shut up! JK

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the cpanel on this board is b0rked and will eat all your profiles if you use it.

------------------
"Babies are squirmy, ugly, dirty, smelly, and noisy. They'd offend all five of my senses if I had any reason to lick one..."
-- TSN, 2001.01.11 23:27, PhoenixChat

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eek! *curls up under blanket*
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.. that would suck, a lot.

------------------
Captain Archer: "Leap me out of here Al."
Transporter Chief: "For the last time, my name isn't Al. And the term is 'beam' not 'leap'!"
This post sponsored by the Federation Starship Datalink.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited May 23, 2001).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because the cpanel on this board is b0rked and will eat all your profiles if you use it.

I remember that from before Thought you would have fixed it by now.

------------------
yes, I'm very dutrnk at the moment, and i'm doing my type to best so shut up! JK

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, not yet.

'Tis planned.

------------------
"Babies are squirmy, ugly, dirty, smelly, and noisy. They'd offend all five of my senses if I had any reason to lick one..."

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited May 24, 2001).]

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the riddle of html. Thish ish power, boy! Songs will be written about the glorious new UBB!! And it will be a gloorious UBB, har har!!

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

6.1.0-beta3 or 4, actually....

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, and it's usually about this time of the month that I get asked whether I've got our bloody UBB working on our Intranet. . .

------------------
"If Morden is afraid of green penguins, and Draal is shown to have
access to them, a speculation would be that Draal will use them
against Morden in the future. However if Draal only has a purple
moose, saying that he could use it against Morden would be a story
idea."

- rastb5m FAQ

Phasers

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Dude, Lee, it's NOT gonna install on Netware without major chicken sacrifices....

------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*defensively* Well, I did get the demo version working. . . And the hell with it, frankly. Outta here soon anyway.

------------------
"If Morden is afraid of green penguins, and Draal is shown to have
access to them, a speculation would be that Draal will use them
against Morden in the future. However if Draal only has a purple
moose, saying that he could use it against Morden would be a story
idea."

- rastb5m FAQ

Phasers

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Uh, if the Demo works (which is amazing considering how screwed up it really is), then the real thing should install with no problems at all...

------------------

Lee
Member # 393

The current plan is to remove the demo (screwed up as it is) from the Intranet server, and re-install the full version (if we can just remember how we did it the first time). Problem is, there are only two of us who can do this, and we're too busy. I basically now am expected to carry out all the support and network admin duties they employed me to do, AND act as the company's webmaster, doing all the admin and creating new content for Intranet and Internet.

Fear not, all this will come up at my appraisal. Which is on Wednesday. ..

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
Member # 205

And here I was thinking YOU would get outta here on wednesday! *sigh*

But we're still getting the tractor beam, right?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found installing UBB to be a pain at times, once it even installed files into the wrong CGI-Bin directory. Totally. Instead of the sub directory it was set to it goes way off base to the main directory on the server.
My opinion is if you get it working, don't muck with it again or face the hells of installing it.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps