Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Whatcha Reading ... ? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Whatcha Reading ... ?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all well and good, but no one has volunteered to write my essay yet.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished reading Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson. And still I'm wondering where my Swiss slice went...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two cents:

Chasm City (Alastair Reynolds) Link to review (popup)
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig) Got the paperback, but found this: Link to full book online

[ April 15, 2002, 00:18: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone in here ever read any of the "Hammer's Slammers" series? Hovertanks and all that rot. My apprentice has just lent a couple to me. It seems interesting.

Just started "Stupid White Men".

[ April 15, 2002, 01:15: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have an apprentice? I want an apprentice.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be a master.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy them from Wal-mart?
They seem to have everything now...

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol, I can't believe you are good enough at anything to have an apprentice....

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got finished with:
- "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." by Stephen Chbosky. (for the 50th or so time)

Working on:
- Book one of The Wheel of Time Series, "Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan. (good stuff, about 300pgs. into it.)

Still waiting in line (on my bookshelf):

TREK:
- Star Trek: The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Kahan Noonien Singh, Vol. I.
- Star Trek TNG: The Genisis Wave Book II.
- Star Trek DS9: Avatar Book II.
- Star Trek S.C.E. Book I.
- Star Trek StarFleet Year One.

NON-TREK:
- "Speaker For the Dead" by Orson Scott Card.
- "Shadow of the Hegmon" by Orson Scott Card.
- "The Presence" by John Saul.
- "Black Lightning" by John Saul.
- "The Redemption of Althalus" by David and Leigh Eddings.

*whew* I think I'm set for a couple of years...espically with tackling the Wheel of Time books... *goes and reads*

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You have an apprentice? I want an apprentice.

Maybe you can get an intern!

[Cool]

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished Starship Troopers. Now I'm reading Starship Troopers. Currently in the bathroom, on top of the toilet is Stranger In A Strange Land. When I get home, Fight Club is at the top of the list.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

You're trapped in some sort of crazy temporal loop, man.

And what's with all the player hating? Honestly, I do my thing, and all I get is grief.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems kind of rough, having a Stranger from a Strange Land in the bathroom.....

I need to get to Barns & Noble.... The best place in town to buy books....

Been reading the Help Wanted ads a lot.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading or purchased and on my 'to read' pile:

"The Moscow Option: An Alternative History of the Second World War" by David Downing (I love alternate history)

"Rising Sun Victorious: The Alternate History of how the Japanese Won the Pacific War" by Peter G. Tsouras (Did I say I love alternate history?)

"The Best Alternate History Stories of the 20th Century" Harry Turtledove (Editor) & Martin H. Greenberg (Editor) (I REALLY love alternate history!)

Collecting & reading Marvel's "What If?" comics (Uh, alternate history, anyone?)

"Starfleet: Year One" by Michael Jan Friedman

"The Battle of Betazed" Charlotte Douglas, et. al.

A 18-volume series of the collected works of Mark Twain

The Big Book of Grimm

The Idylls of the King

Rob Roy

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps