Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bond. James Bond. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Bond. James Bond.
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hasn't M always been played by a new person every third movie or so? (Except in Judi Dench's case I believe.) There was one of the older ones I remember where Bond says something like "I believe your predecessor kept a healthy supply of brandy in that credenza."

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. M was played by the same actor for the first dozen or so movies. He died, and was replaced for the last couple of Moore ones, and the Dalton ones. Dench has been M dor all of Dalton's.

The two different male M's were supposed to (I believe) be the same character. Dench's M is obviously not.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I care about is that they get a half way decent actor who can at least pass for being a Brit to play Bond! LOL. Although. If the guy who originally played Q gets replaced by a dude who is supposed to be playing the SAME Q, I may have to start doing very bad things to the movie companies....... If he is meant to be a different Q, I would mind.........as much, but Q was a legend as far as I'm concerned. R should fill Qs shoes from now on and the role of Q should be retired.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, wasn't that the whole point of that scene? Whatisname Whatisname retired in, uh, whatever the last one was.

I think Crow would make an excellent Bond.

MIB
Ex-Member

I can't see Crow as Bond. I really can't.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, clever. On the Cleverometer, that get's at least an 8, maybe 8.3. To you I say: Clever!
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

Na I dont Crow playing bond either , they already experimented with robots as Bond , remember Timothy Dalton?

yeah i know , that was bad , i'll go somewhere else now...

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

MIB
Ex-Member

Oh come now! Tim Dalton wasn't that bad! As a matter of fact, The Living Daylights is one of my favorite Bond movies. He may seem like a robot because the 2 movies he was involved with had a far more serious tone to them and not nearly as much humor.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam!

Dench was in NONE of the Dalton flicks!

Actually, one thing I really like about "Tommorow Never Dies" is the interplay between M and Admiral Roebuck -- although I wasn't aware of this until just a few months ago, apparently the two actors star in a sitcom which airs on PBS here in the States every now and then.

Speaking of which, "TND" is my favorite of the Bond flicks. Especially that amazing opening scene -- WOW! That was done SO well! And that BMW -- !!!!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Mr. Brosnan would like very much to be called British...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Q, i wish he was still around. but he was probably going to retire soon anyway. he looked OLD. as for Bond 30, i would really like to see it go way past 30. mayby to 40.
and maybe james bond is like austin powers. maybe he gets frozen, then gets thawed out every time the would needs saving. then when he's done, he goes back into the freezer.

anyone played the World Is not Enought N64 game? i think it really sucked compared to Rare's goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Out of curiosity, putting aside the whole national origin of Mr. Brosnan issue (a fact wholely and blissfully outside the realm of my knowledge), how does one refer to U.K. citizens who do not happen to be British?

Also, why is there an apostrophe in "get's"? I do not know.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he's from the Republic of Ireland, then he's not a UK citizen. If he has taken UK citizenship, then he is British.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say Jude Law!

John Cleese was pretty bad as R, he's gone sooo soft after about "Clockwise", he's totally lost the cynicism, sarcasm and irony of his Monty Python years and "Fawlty Towers"...
"Fish called Wanda" was pretty good, but he had started his conversion into gullible-cuddly-old-man then...

All IMO, naturally.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Dench was in NONE of the Dalton flicks!"

BROSNAN! BROSNAN!

Damn my wandering brain.

Yeah, part of the point of Q's final scene in The World is Not Enough was that is could be used as a "retiring" scene. Lewellyn did state however, shortly after, that he'd continue playing Q as long as he could. Which fate no doubt took to be a challenge.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps