Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Why me? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why me?
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George Lucas is the anti-christ. Didn't you know?

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, all 4 Star Wars movies ARE coming out on DVD, in November I believe (although, The Phantom Menace is currently the #1 Most Bought DVD on Amazon.com).

I think the Phatom Meance does have added scenes on it, not sure though...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DVDs need version numbers. I'd be so much simpler.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, okay.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are those who would argue that you're already pretty simple...

And DVDs can have version numbers if ancient, resurrected threads can have some sort of indicator that says what they are...

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, the problem here is, I just bought the original edition of the DVD not even 6 months ago. I've barely watched it 2 times all the way through. And now this 'new and improved' version comes out! UGH!
Wellcome to the club. Bought the ST II-VIII DVDs and now Paramount wants to release Special Editions of these movies.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Phantom Menace DVD has a TON of extra features (two-disks) and it does have added scenes. It has scenes added into the movie itself and deleted scenes they show separately.

And, as far as I know, the DVDs of Star Wars are NOT coming out this year, and neither are the Indiana Jones DVDs. Man, I want those...

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus, Omega, a year and a half old thread ...

LOL re: TSN.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Whoa... I didn't know this was an old thread... it's from July 2001??

--------------------
Meh

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! I barely even remember making this thread. And yes, you can now add Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan to the list of movies I already have but they come out with better versions later.

And yes, the original Star Wars trilogy has been delayed. There's no longer any date on their release. At least the Back To The Future trilogy is coming out this summer...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it?! Woohoo!

Except 2 and 3 weren't all that great. Ah well.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I think that Back to the Future 2 was as good as the first. The third one wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.

--------------------
Meh

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's where Lucas gets you, he'll change the color, pictures, and the entire setup of the DVDs so you have to buy the whole set to have a matching set.

So the TPM DVD is black now and perhaps 4-6, right when they come out right? But when 2 and 3 come out they will be different. So you have to buy the whole series again just because he changed the color.

Well thats if you are a hardcore Star wars collector.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or an idiot.

How dare Lucus force fans to buy these new editions of Star Wars anyway? And how dare he release the special editions on tape in 1998, and then POSSIBLY MAYBE release new versions on DVD several years later? He's a twat for not releasing them on DVD sooner. And he's a twat for releasing them so soon after the original VHS versions. The complete arse-raping donkey fucker. Burn him.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps