Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » FAQ! Drink! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FAQ! Drink!
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Q: Yeesh, sorry. Uh, ok...many people have cool or funny little things under their names, like tiny signature files. What's up with that?

A: Those are called status lines. They work like this:
0 posts: Hey, you don't exist yet! But you're reading this FAQ first. Bless you.
1-10: New Member. Love me.
11-50: Junior Member. Half a century of posts.
51-250: Member. I am member, hear me post.
251+: Senior Member. Don Quixote's archnemesis.

Senior Member = editable status line, am I correct?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Perhaps your credibility would be enhanced if you did not quote admittedly outdated documents...
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I think it's time someone added to the FAQ that making threads with unfounded rumours in order to win bets is definitely frowned upon. (cf. Example ).

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the FAQ should be ammended to make it illegal for MIB to post topics.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops. i read that 2.1 and not 1.2.. doh.

btw this is my 400th post.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my 3086 post. Aren't I special?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no, given it's actually your 3806th post. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

My mistake.

Scarily enough, I post an average of 11.5 times a day, considering I've been registered here since mid-September of 2000. And my posting amount has dropped considerable from the "Flame Wars" of fall and winter of 2000 and 2001.

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: Jeff The Card ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::shrug:: I've been registered since this place opened in March 1999 and I only broke a thousand posts during the week the Enterprise design was made public. I guess not posting for about a year and a half will do that.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
changed my mind. better go see what the pillow is doing

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: Nimrod ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I have the most posts of anyone, and I only apparently post an average of a little over 7 times per day.

And this is my 6200th post. Interesting that it just happens to be a round number like that...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

TSN, is there some sort of archive which lists forumites by the number of posts they have?

And you've got to check your average of posts by how long you've been registered. I did mine assuming 30 days each month, for a period of ten months (or some such), giving me 11.5 a day. Since I've only been registered for that long ... but haven't you been here for a few years?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years?

*snort*

Try since time immemorial.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

From the control panel, I can find out who has the most posts. I think I posted a list awhile back. I've also continuously had the most posts of everyone since around the time Frank went to college and stopped posting as often... *L*

And I haven't been around quite forever. There are some people here who were around before me. I know For example, Liam's been around since a month or so before me (I started lurking at the old UP boards about the time he started posting).

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Oh, and that number was just using the registration date in my profile, and the 6200 posts I had when I posted that. It isn't an average over the entire time I've been around.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps