Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » "Why Does My Computer Hate Me?" The Revenge (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Why Does My Computer Hate Me?" The Revenge
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 64mb of SDRAM - now got 320!
My processor is a P2 233Mhz - crap and won't run the two games I love very well (Deus Ex and Star Trek: Armada). The graphics card is a real bitch and the major problem. I asked for a minimum of 8mb, but the bastard only gave me 4mb and still charged me for the 8mb. Sadly it is not enough to properly run ST:A even on the low setting for the graphics and so that may be the next thing to be replaced.

Sadly (not being very techincal) I did not notice the thing about the graphics card until 6 months later and after he had gone out of business. I have since considered buying a P3, but decided on upgrading my current PC so that it will cope during my last year at university. When uni is finished and I get a full-time job with a larger salary, I may very well buy a P3 or even a P4 and give the P2 to my sister as she is living with a P1 75!

As for what I use my PC for - games mostly, like Deus Ex and ST:A, X-wing v TIE Fighter and the previous two games of the title. I also use the computer a lot for assignments and (trying) to write a novel - hence the reason why I've stuck with a P2 for so long: it had met my needs until recently.

Ah well, we can't all have what we dream of . . . but if we did, we'd probably get bored very quickly as there would be nothing to dream of having and nothing to strive for . . . I could be wrong (known to happen) . . .

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try reinstalling over the present version you have now. That might work.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps