Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » JFK (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: JFK
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Must be One Magic Loogie...

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we can't forget Oliver Stone's next film...JFK Jr.
A scene from it:
(To be named): So this "Magic SAM"...
Garrison Jr.: Yes. It was the one that hit his airplane.
(To be named): The one Bin Laden fired, you mean...
Garrison Jr.: No, he was innocent. Set up by the government so they could capture him. Ted Kennedy fired the SAM from Martha's Vineyard. Part of a government plot. A new stealth YF-22 was following JFK Jr.'s Piper aircraft, ready to shoot it down if necessary, as evidenced by this video, the George Zamboni film, taken from his fishing boat...

Don't worry, I won't spoil the rest.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truth, of course, was more complicated than the fiction, as that hardest of hard hitting news sources pointed out:

KENNEDY SLAIN BY CIA, MAFIA, CASTRO, LBJ, TEAMSTERS, FREEMASONS
President Shot 129 Times from 43 Different Angles

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I don't even have to click on the link. It's the Onion! I love that book, Our Dumb Century, and I love their newspaper! And it's published in my state, Wisconsin (woo-hoo!) soI always pick up a free copy at Barnes and Noble.

Another excerpt from that article goes something like this:

Unfortunately, night club owner Jack Ruby shot and killed all 43 shooters before any could testify.

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd tend to refute any suggestion that LBJ had anything to do with it. . . Sure, he benefitted, but he hardly behaved in the way those who might have wanted to put him in office would like. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Well, he wanted to stay in Vietnam, and JFK didn't, sooo...
Anywat, this may not have anything to do with the assassination, but after that famous photograph of LBJ being sworn in on AF1, there is a picture of Texas Represnative Albert Thomas winking at LBJ, who is looking at him. Anyone know of a link to it?

--------------------
Meh

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has plenty of pictures where people have one or two eyes closed*

That of course doesn't mean they conspired to assassinate Kennedy...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LBJ was a very good president who got mired in the Vietnam War. His decision not to run for a second term must have sent a message to the public. "If the powerful are being destroyed by this war, what kind of mess have we got ourselves into?"

For one of the very few times in its history, Star Trek was prophetic. In the episode "Assignment: Earth", Spock says there are two public figures killed in 1968. (I have forgotten how to spell the "A" word.) In that terrible year, MLK Jr. and RFK were gunned down.

I don't make light of JFK's death. His death traumatized a nation and marked the beginning of the second civil war in America.

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I didn't start this topic to make light of his death. One of our greatest preisdents died that day, and I was just expressing my thoughts that the government killed him. It was depressing, as with Waco, but the evidence says the government wanted to stay in Vietnam.
And if one day, I found out it was, with no doubt, Oswald, then I'll be wrong. Everyone can say it to me.
But right now, I belive there was a conpiracy that day in Texas.
Oh, it's a-s-s-a-s-s-i-n-a-t-e-d.

--------------------
Meh

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon...we all KNOW who killed Kennedy. It's just that no one has the balls to actually SAY it.

Gene Ray...show thyself.

"Jack Kennedy, you are educated stupid."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
History Channel did a series on this. The last episode featured a man who has testified in over 200 cases, by taking film of the event, using a computer to determine what angles are involved. In this case, he said all three shots came from in front. Two from storm drains, below the street, and one from a drain near the grassy knole/knowl. (How ever it's spelled.)

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knoll.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, "The Men who Killed Kennedy". Good series.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry, I gotta joke around. Anyway, it was Old Psyhco Braxton that killed John F. Kennedy.

Alright, who told you?!?!

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Krenim ]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Veers
You first
Member # 661

The same person who told him little JFK Jr. did it.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps