Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bin Laden under house arrest? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bin Laden under house arrest?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to World Net Daily, Osama bin Laden has been placed under house arrest in Afganistan, by the Taliban. Of course, WND isn't always the most reliable source (they recently reported that Iraq had invaded Jordan), so take this with a grain of salt.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correction. It's being reported by Yahoo! This may increase credibility somewhat.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if it's true, let's hope he stays there.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

Further information: he may actually be the CinC of the Taliban military.

World Net Daily

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Howard Stern said on this... we know where his house is, lets go blow it up.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reason they put him under house arrest is that the Taliban fear the US and Nato will bomb their country back to the stone age. I suppose the next step will be to get him extradited although i suppose there will be a lot of people will like him to be assasinated.

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Omega
Member # 91

We don't even recognize the Taliban government, much less have an extradition treaty with them. Of course, I suppose we can just say, "Give us bin Laden. Now." At this rate, they'd probably do it.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we know for certain that bin Laden was behind this? I mean, 100% certain that bin Laden is responsible for this?

And is so, if the Taliban says, "no" ... well, I hope we don't get ourselves involved in the same kind of war the Soviets did when they fought in Afghanistan.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Taliban regime doesn't work that way. You can't coerce them, bribe them, threaten them, or whatever... even if it means total annihilation of their land.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: My Publically Displayed Name ]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A design for a new WTC was posted at the Slipstream today:

http://www.scripting.com/images/flippinTheWtc.jpg

quote:

The Taliban regime doesn't work that way. You can't coerce them, bribe them, threaten them, or whatever... even if it means total annihilation of their land.

That can be arranged.

The Russians said today, that they will back any action by the USA, if it comes to Afganistan. I love the irony

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do realise, that 90% of Afghanistans' population consists of innocent, oppressed and kept-under-the-thumb civilians... and that blasting the country back to the Stone Age would make us no better than the terrorists. Right?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

What we have right here is a not-quite-yet-declared war.

We have announced that those who are harboring these terrorists are to be considered our enemies, as well. That's pretty clear.

Enemies in wartime die. That happens. If you want to think of it that way, then the people in NY and DC were the first casualties of that war. Anybody who aids the opposing side in a war is an 'ally' and thusly a legitimate target.

The likelyhood that BinLaden was involved currently is about 95%. With the identification of the terrorists and the current tracing of the links (with some outside help) it appears as though this attack was through BinLaden's people, sponsored by Iraq.

Cartman
Member # 256

So, an illiterate, indoctrinated, and completely ignorant farmer is your enemy too?

Nukes are not the answer. Your quarrel is (possibly, as we still don't know exactly who or what is behind the attacks) with the Afghanian and/or Iraqi governments, not the civilian population.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

"In the city of God there will be a great thunder,
Two Brothers torn apart by chaos, While the fortress endures,
The great leader will succumb.
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

You know that's a hoax, right?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
Member # 256

Yes. But given some of the reactions I've read here, it might be close to becoming reality very soon.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps