Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bin Laden under house arrest? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bin Laden under house arrest?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pakistan (one of three countries that acknowledges the Taliban regime) has just reported that it will back up the United States to fight terrorism. Of course, I don't know what that means coming from a country that acknowledges the Taliban.

(if I were the Taliban, I'd either shoot Bin Laden myself or get him the hell out of my country.)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Taliban denied this hours ago. So, unless they've suddenly changed their minds and done so, it's fair to stick this in the "Once again WND comes through for us" file along with the secret plot it reported earlier in the summer that King Adbullah was going to allow Iraq to mount a land invasion of Israel through Jordan.

What we need now is sanity, and even some of the mainstream media outlets, in their zeal, have begun eroding it.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You do realise, that 90% of Afghanistans' population consists of innocent, oppressed and kept-under-the-thumb civilians... and that blasting the country back to the Stone Age would make us no better than the terrorists. Right?

Tell that to the guy who escaped the WTC, only to find out later that his sister and niece were on the flight from Boston, that hit the building, or the man who had two daughters working in the WTC, one of which escaped. The last time anyone saw the second, she was helping others escape from the building. Or tell it to the family of the man who survived the 1993 bombing of the WTC, but has now been missing for 36 hours, and was last seen helping people escape the WTC.

I have no problem with bombing countries haboring terrorist. I was asked yesterday, if that meant that the English should bomb Erie. My responce was that, if the IRA managed to kill 10,000 people at once, Yes.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eire... If you want to be all smartass and try to use the rarely-used indigenous-language term for a country, please don't confuse a beautiful green island with a polluted lake.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

...and I might add, the Republic of Ireland has been denouncing the acts of the IRA since at least the seventies. For fucks sakes, it imposed internment on them, something the human-rights tribunals are still fretting about. And so if crazy Northern Irish republicans (who, it should be noted to their, erm "credit" (too strong a word, really), never launched terrorist attacks for the sole purpose of creating a large civilian body count) tried to kill thousands of English civilians, Ireland should have been carpet-bombed?

(awaits Liam's return to thread to chide such idiocy)

Think.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: Nostradamus

I'd hardly call New York the "City of God", under any circumstances.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since it's a FAKE ...

I won't even get started that there is no city of God, as there's no God. That's another topic.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least, He's not showing His face... ashamed to have been caught napping on the 11th?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even if bin Laden didnt do this, we still have lots of old beef with him, and the govt may use this as impetus to 'clean house' .. i.e. eliminate any old enemy terrorists sitting around, including but not limited to our bud Osama

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, that's it ... it's not like we've never tried to get him before. He's just over in the next building, and we know exactly where he is, we just ain't been motivated enough. It's not as easy as it sounds.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: Afghanistan
quote:
bomb their country back to the stone age

I'd say they've already accomplished that without our help.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, here's what we should do. We should find a section of this country and evacuate it. Then fill it w/ all the people who think it's okay to bomb civilians. Then we can go to war and tell the other side to direct all their bombs at that area.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

If we do that, how are we any better then the people who thinks its okay to attack civilians?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GODDMANIT Jeff, he's not being literal!!!

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I won't even get started that there is no city of God, as there's no God.

Now weren't you the one who said you were open-minded, and had no firm opinion one way or the other, Mr. MeGotBeer?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps