Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I went shopping. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I went shopping.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yes, that's me.

With my new car.

That's right. I'm now the proud owner of a five-figure debt for 5 years & a 2002 ice blue Saturn SL1. Acheived the impossible. The first song played in it was "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley; the second was "Wealth Of Words" by Kim Leaman. Perfect christening thoughts.

This morning as I talked with my friend Veronica about all this, she mentioned that "ever since everything with Heather, you've been more headstrong, more adamant about what you want. This is proof of that."

Indeed it is.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, way to go, Shik! I just recently became the proud owner of a 1998 tan-gray Saturn SL2 this past summer. I even have the four-figure five-year debt to prove it.

Anyway, happy cruising and all that! My experience with my car has been very good thus far.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturn?

*snigger*

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::punches The359 for being a dick::

Nice car, dude. Going the PDG route?

Edit: Damn smileys ...

Edit #2: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRAAAGH!

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The damn smilie is still there, Jeff.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pair of wheels. Not so sure about the mileage tho.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better then what I get, I'd wager.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Mileage? My Saturn gets about 25 to 30 miles to the gallon. Not bad by most standards.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did I do now?

Saturns are dorky cars. I can't help it they are what they are...

Nothing against your choice, I just don't like Saturns.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "dorky car" will get me more chicks, will get me 37-40 MPG (which will end up being 45-50 MPG after syncing), AND will still be on the road in prime condition after all your cockmobiles are busy rusting away.

I plan on giving this car to my kids.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I may not get as much mileage, but I'll drive over your car with my car

And, actually, I plan on keeping my Jeep and giving it to my kids too.

And, I do like Saturns. It came down to me getting a Honda and a Saturn ... and then I found my Jeep, so I got that. But I almost got a Saturn (one of those nifty three-door models).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

A Saturn will get you chicks?! Where the hell do you live that chicks go for guys with Saturns? Hello, haven't you heard of little cars like Firebirds, Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes? Yours isn't even a coupe, it's a sedan!

And my Alero will be around as long as yours, heck, it almost uses the exact same engine (except mine is more powerful). And my car can't possible rust. It's only a year old! Plastic doesn't rust...

It's still a Saturn...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Hell, one of my friends used to pick up lots of girls with his Geo Tracker. From the early 1990s. With two different colors. It's not the car that counts, it's the confidence that one exudes by the very nature of driving the car one has.

Jeff drives a battle-damaged Jeep but gets the chicks because his attitude is one of, "I drive a Jeep, I don't care what you think, wanna get some barbeque and get busy?"

I drive a Saturn SL2 sedan and don't get chicks because my attitude is one of, "I drive a Saturn, I crave your love, won't somebody please date me!?"

Shik drives a Saturn SL1 sedan and gets the chicks because his attitude is one of, "A sophisticated Saturn for a sophisticated driver that gets 40 miles to the gallon which equals massive staying power in the car and in bed."

The typical man driving a Camaro or Mustang doesn't get the chicks because his attitude is one of, "I wasn't breast-fed enough as a baby so I have issues dealing with the opposite sex plus I also have latent sexual desires for the Golden Girls in an orgy setting and this flashy car is merely a cry for help because I need to screw something -- anything -- that moves."

It's simple psychology.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Exactly, my Teutonic princely friend. Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, Trans Ams, Corvettes, & the rest are called "cockmobiles" for a reason. My car says, "Hi. I'm practical. I'm committed & into the long haul. I'm smart & sensible & why yes, the rear seat DO fold down so we can use the back seat AND the trunk for hot sweaty sexxing, thank you."

On a related note, this is the final year for Camaros & Firebirds/Trans Ams. GM's killing them becasue they haven't been selling for the past 10 years. Hmm. And yet Saturn is like #1 in almost every class it's in.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Practicality is nice, but given the choice, I think I'd still rather pick a Corvette
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps