Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Mr. Snay, been to Arkansas lately? Hmmm? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mr. Snay, been to Arkansas lately? Hmmm?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine almost hit a deer last night. I didn't see it, though. My eye was too busy slamming into the back of his headrest.

BTW, wouldn't putting a fake deer on the road and arresting people who shoot it be entrapment? Not to mention that it wouldn't be illegal. You wouldn't be shooting a deer from your car. You'd be shooting a deer statue from your car. Or is there a law against that, too?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's probably a law about shooting anything from your car. And if you thought it was a real deer -- and not a statue -- your defense would fall flat on its face.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
That was a joke, I've only killed one deer

That's a buncha bullshit. I've seen his car. Fucker's got his entire driver-side hood full up with "kill markings" a la pilots. Antlers & small rodentia silhouettes all OVAH the place, I tell ya...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There's probably a law about shooting anything from your car.

Illegally discharging a firearm, or something of that nature. Anybody stupid enough to stop by the side of a major highway, pulling a rifle off the rack behind the seat, and cutting lose out the window, should be arrested for stupidity, and any guns they own taken away. Makes the rest of us look bad.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how is shooting out the window different from opening the door, stepping out, and shooting from beside the window?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rolling down the window and shooting from the driver seat?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would seem to necessitate either sticking your entire torso out the window and aiming across the top of your car, or shooting across the oncoming traffic. Either way, DUMB.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Not if you're parked on the side of the road, and shooting across the passenger seat through the open passenger window. Then you're not shooting across traffic, are you?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was in the newspaper about 4 years ago that a local man was driving down a road that is alongside a large open expanse of bushes and grass. When the driver saw a dear, he pulled out an AK-47 and began firing at the deer through his passenger window while still driving down the street. As far as I remember the report said they hadn't caught him or anything.

No word on wether or not he hit the deer either.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps