Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I hereby declaraed G. Lucas to be a DUMBASS! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I hereby declaraed G. Lucas to be a DUMBASS!
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, some of you might or might not know this...

Today's the release day for the new Episode II trailer, "Breathing".

To get it, first you have to get to the official site, which is jammed packed. Then you gotta register (which means answering whole bunch of dumb questions which I b.s. my way through).

Finally, when you thought all the stupidity has ended, and you get to to Quick Time screen. Oh sorry, in order to watch the movie, gotta upgrade to Quick Time 5 Pro, and guess what, that will cost you $29 big ones.

What's the conclusion? Lucas is a jackass. Man, this ain't the first time he pull the same type of crap. Here are some examples:

1. Jar Jar Binks (Also known as dumbass Teletubbies wanna-be from the evil universe with racist accent.)

2. Withholding release of DVDs on the Triligy.

3. Making gazzilion versions of Triligy on VHS.

4. Making gazzilion versions of THX formats for High-Fi market.

5. Making manufacturer pay to get their machine certified by Lucas (and guess what, one pay, one certificate, only paid for THX, sorry boy, no certificate for THX Ultra!)

etc. (you get the ideas)

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hearby declaraed Blue Electron to be a DUMBASS!

First, he posted this thread in "Officer's Lounge", and not "Star Wars" (altho, granted, its kind of iffy ... still ...)

Second, he didn't check out the thread about the "Breathing" trailer in the "Star Wars" forum. If he had, he would've found a site where he could've downloaded it for ... FREE!!!!

Third, he could've turned on the news. FOX-45 in Baltimore just showed it, CNN just aired most of it and is doing a piece after the commercial break on 'Star Wars' ... I mean, it's not like its hard to find, ya' dig?

Sorry, B.E.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me of the time Startrek.com was affiliated with MSN, and in order to visit that site, you had to be a member of MSN. Not AOL, not netzero, not your university provider, not Sympatico, etc.

I understand completely.... utter stupidity.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff man, what's with you and personal attacks?

This is not the only instants that I've witness such behaviour, I've seen it again and again in other forums.

Maybe you're right about me being careless for nothing checking out the Star War forum, but resort to personal attacks?

You can argue that I also called Lucas a dumbass, but he did charged people for unreasonable things and therefore pissing people off.

The only reason I can justify your personal attack on me is that I've piss you off directly in some way, which I don't think I did.

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, Blue, chill, just dishin' out what you dish. All in fun, yo.

But, seriously, what has Lucas done that's "dumb"? Greedy, yes. Dumb? No.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George Lucas greedy? How can he be greedy when he owns the entire franchise?

I do like his tastes in casting though... the young Darth Vader looks cute and ready to be driven.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BE: Erm... You started the personal attacks. Or, is it okay to call someone a dumbass when he's a multi-millionaire and won't ever know you insulted him, but it isn't okay to insult someone to his face (metaphorically speaking, of course)?

And I still don't understand how Binks' accent was supposed to be racist. It was a black man who did the voice, after all. Was it somehow prejudiced also that all the Imperial dudes in the first movies had British-sounding accents?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, the symbolism of the decadent elite of the withering british empire, now in Nazi flavour! :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think G.L. is quite smart - he's only made two billion dollars (give or take a million) off his franchise so far.

Sure, it's not exactly 'pleasing the fans', but the man's got business instinct alright (probably more than he has for being a director).

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I paid $7 to see 'Breathing!'

Well, no, I paid $7 to see "Monsters, Inc.", (loved it) but 'Breathing' was one of the trailers. It was cool.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Okey, maybe I wasn't being clear. When I say G. Lucas is a "DUMBASS", I really meant that he's a jerk.

So the title should read "G. Lucas is a jerk", rather then "G. Lucas is stupid".

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'm betting that history will record it was Marcia Lucas who was the true creative genius. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I do like his tastes in casting though... the young Darth Vader looks cute and ready to be driven."

Charming.

Not a fan of subtlty, are you Mike?

"Was it somehow prejudiced also that all the Imperial dudes in the first movies had British-sounding accents?"

Now, a major difference here is that the Imperials were fairly cool. And Jar-Jar, well, wasn't.

Look, what was better, X-Wing or TIE Fighter? Which ship made the best noise? When they were making Galactic Battlegrounds, were fans more concerned about snowspeeders being in, or AT-ATs? Who has the biggest starship?

The Imperials were brilliant. Everyone loves a bad guy. People who love Jar Jar tend to be missing several chromosomes.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the eventual Darth Vader does look sorta like a locomotive, and as such is ideal to be at the front of the man train. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice image Lee.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps